California-San Diego

Ordering custom made wedding dresses from online sources in China?

Hi everyone :-)  Has anyone ever used www.milanoo.com or any other source online to purchase a custom made wedding dress?  I saw a monique lhuillier looking dress on there for only 150.  I went to a store by me to try on the real one to see if it even looks flattering on me and it does.  I love it.  Of course I don't want to pay 6500 bucks for a wedding dress.  I'm tempted to just buy this "knockoff" from this website that is based in China.  Has anyone had experience with doing this?  Thoughts about doing this?  Thanks :-)

Re: Ordering custom made wedding dresses from online sources in China?

• You're probably right!  Thanks Schatzi13 for your input :-)
  • I actually bought my dress from milanoo and it was perfect! :) I love it even though it was only 95% the same as the picture.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A big thing I have seen in the attire board with people ordering from China, is not only is it not the same dress they order, but it never comes on time. They never arrive when they say they will, and that is just not a stress you need to deal with. There are a lot of great dress designers on etsy.com that will make your custom dress at a reasonable price, perhaps not 150$...I mean you can't even get 4 yards of decent fabric for that price...but it won't be 6500$.

If it feels fishy or not right, just don't do it.
  • I wouldn't do it!  I posted on Friday on the attire board about my nightmare with my BM dresses from one of these sites.  They look nothing like the pic and I'm upset enough about their dresses....I wouldn't do it with mine!!  I second the etsy recommendation.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards