Outdoor Weddings

Vintage/Rustic wedding Venue in West Chicago Suburbs-IL

Help!!  I am trying to find a beautiful wedding venue for a spring wedding, rustic/vintage theme.  I'm thinking outdoor would be best but want to make sure they have, or I can put up, a tent (in case of rain).  I absolutely LOVE the Pavilion at Orchard Farms but I'm afraid that will be a little far.
Any ideas??

Re: Vintage/Rustic wedding Venue in West Chicago Suburbs-IL

• If you post this on your local board (links to the left), you are likely to get more area-specific responses. Good luck!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I live in the western suburbs and my brother just got married at the Pavilion at Orchard Farms. It was beautiful. It was perfect, really. He got a party bus (not sure how much it cost) to bring people from the hotel to the wedding and back at the end of the night. Beloit is pretty close but I think he said they would only block hotel rooms 5 at a time. We all stayed in Rockford. Not too far away. 

But it was absolutely beautiful. The ceremony was up on the hill in front of the trees and then we all took pictures in front of the big pond. Then there's another pond that's super pretty and the big beautiful rustic looking barn by the road..and the beautiful stone house that's a B&B (also an option to stay overnight...). There were a TON of places for gorgeous pictures. 

And inside the Pavilion was also gorgeous - super nice bathrooms and a ton of windows. Lots of doors to get outside too for those who smoke...Pretty and rustic without being too country or barn-y. I would highly recommend that place.

I don't know of any place that is that perfect any closer to the western 'burbs. 
  • Thank you both!  I just posted to the local link..good idea!!
    I absolutely fell in LOVE with the pavilion but my fiance is upset about the 11pm closing time.  If it were a bit closer and open later we would definitely be picking there :)
  • How about Danada House in Wheaton?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_vintagerustic-wedding-venue-in-west-chicago-suburbs-il?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:78e55024-7516-42f1-9347-4a22544d498dPost:2c185c6c-711e-45eb-81e9-422f7e592638">Re: Vintage/Rustic wedding Venue in West Chicago Suburbs-IL</a>:
    [QUOTE]How about Danada House in Wheaton?
    Posted by Marrin713[/QUOTE]

I love that venue but our good friends just got married there :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards