Texas-Houston

Will not be going to Ventura's Bridal in Houston

As they will not allow for me to bring my 14 year old daughter, my only bridesmaid, with me to an appointment to try on dresses. She is more mature than most of my adult friends. She has already gone with me to 4 other places who had no issue with her. Of course, I could have lied and just not said anything - as she can pass for 16. And when I asked to speak to the manager and then the owner - they were both too busy to talk to me - nor did they offer to call me back.

So sad because they really had some great dresses in their fashion show at the Bridal Extravaganza that I loved.

Re: Will not be going to Ventura's Bridal in Houston

• @ D1

Sorry you had a bad experience.  I agree that's a dumb policy. 

I had a mixed experience.

In the beginning, some of the workers seemed unprofessional, and the manager practically yelled at another worker on the sales floor.  I was shocked.

But the saleswoman that helped me was really kind and helpful.  She also managed to pick a dress that I fell in love with (when I hadn't found anything I liked).  So that made my experience really great over all.

SaveSave
  • Man, I am so afraid of having a bad dress shopping experience... I don't want to take anyone except my mom and a close friend, so I wouldn't run into an age policy problem, but I am sorry that OP had a bad experience and glad Monkey found her dress!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• I highly recommend Brickhouse Bridal in the Woodlands and have heard good things about Bella-Deur Bridal (I have two friends who purchased here).  I have an appointment with Impression and Bella-Deur for September. 

My experience was less than desirable at The Princess Bridal - the consultant just seemed she didn't care that we were there or to really help us.  Shame because I loved their dresses.

I have not given up yet!
  • I'm sorry you had a bad experience.  I found my perfect dress at Ventura's and had a wonderful consultant!
  • I have had two horrible experiences with Venturas as a bridesmaid and swore I would not go there when I got married, and didnt. I know some people love them, but I had really bad luck.
  • It's so odd because I've heard both good & bad things about Ventura's.  Perhaps it's just luck of the draw????
  • I went to Ventura's 3 times.  All of the experiences were good.  The last time I went was to buy my dress & I asked my consultant to toss in a couple of extra dresses just to MAKE SURE that I wasn't missing out on anything.  I had nothing in mind, but she picked a dress that was AMAZING and ended up being my wedding dress!

Sorry your experience was unpleasant. =/
  • Venturas, for me, was just okay. Depends on the style of dress you're looking for. They only had a small selection of what I wanted. The consultant I had was nice enough, but the overall experience wasn't great... just one level up from the experience you would get at David's Bridal. I highly recommend Houston Bridal Gallery and Winnie Couture. Both are small boutique shops and with great service and a great overall experience. I ended up getting a dress at Winnie Couture for <$1000 during a sale and my consultant was SO nice and helpful and patient and just all around amazing. Winnie says they have an age limit on their website (but I believe it's much younger than your daughter's age) - I didn't realize this at the time and brought my 6month old neice with me and they never said anything about it.

Wherever you go, I don't think you'll be missing out on much by skipping Ventura's. When you find YOUR dress, you want to feel happy about it - and that's going to be so much more difficult if you're in an environment where you feel rushed or judged or in any way unhappy with the service.

Best of luck! :)
  • I got my dress from Brickhouse Bridal in the Woodland's.  They were really nice and had a great selection of dresses.  Don't know if they are still doing it, but I got my dress 10 percent off for buying on my first visit.. I knew it was the one. :)

I also had a bad experience at The Princess Bridal.  I went in there twice and was never greeted when I came in.  They looked like they were not interested in selling anything.  Just seemed as if I was a bother for walking in.. 

My friend who is getting married next year had the same thing happen to her.  

Life as a Cooking Wife!:
    http://cookinbloom.blogspot.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went to Brickhouse and Ventura's. I ended up purchasing from Ventura's Bridal. I received great service at both places! The only difference I noticed was that a dress was priced $400 cheaper at Ventura's compared to Brickhouse (the same, exact dress!). I think Brickhouse is overpriced.
  • I went to Brickhouse Bridal as did one of my best friends, we both bought our dresses there.  They are all so nice and helpful, and yes you still get 10% off if you buy the same day.  The 2nd dress I tried on was the one, and I couldn't not buy it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards