Registry and Gift Forum

target registry - post wedding coupon code?

Hi Ladies,

So I'm a spazoid and forgot to write down the 10% off code I could use online to buy stuff off my registry before I gave the cashier my coupon.  Does anyone know what it is?  I had a couple of online only items I wanted to buy.

TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: target registry - post wedding coupon code?

• have you tried retailmenot.com? i got a coupon code there for 15% off once
  • Be warned, Target has the WORST return policies, even for things you receive as a gift.

DD bought a $90 blow dryer, didn't like the way it worked. They wouldn't take it back. They told her to contact the manufacturer.  Refused to take it back or let her exchange it for something different. She had the original box (she had tried to use it once), original receipt.

I've been told that you are limited to the return of 3 items - TOTAL - in one year and that includes wedding gift. If you receive a bunch of stuff from Target that you don't want, can't use etc - you won't be able to exchange it all.
  • gutsymamagutsymama member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_target-registry-post-wedding-coupon-code?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:01a3d959-7be5-4fde-b9be-9ad52281faf6Post:40c3a02d-2bcd-40a8-8b92-d061516bd9e0">Re: target registry - post wedding coupon code?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Be warned, Target has the WORST return policies, even for things you receive as a gift. DD bought a $90 blow dryer, didn't like the way it worked. They wouldn't take it back. They told her to contact the manufacturer.  Refused to take it back or let her exchange it for something different. She had the original box (she had tried to use it once), original receipt. <strong>I've been told</strong> that you are limited to the return of 3 items - TOTAL - in one year and that includes wedding gift. If you receive a bunch of stuff from Target that you don't want, can't use etc - you won't be able to exchange it all.
    Posted by skippylouwho[/QUOTE]

The part after the bolded piece isn't true. I believe they limit returns without receipts, but not all returns. I'm not entirely satisfied with my Target registry experience, but I think it gets blown way out of proportion on here. I've never had any problems returning things to Target.
    Bonham + Books
    My BFP Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker IT'S A BOY!!!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_target-registry-post-wedding-coupon-code?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:01a3d959-7be5-4fde-b9be-9ad52281faf6Post:db1204b2-1779-4c2e-a369-b158667be669">Re: target registry - post wedding coupon code?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: target registry - post wedding coupon code? : The part after the bolded piece isn't true. I believe they limit returns without receipts, but not all returns. I'm not entirely satisfied with my Target registry experience, but I think it gets blown way out of proportion on here. I've never had any problems returning things to Target.
    Posted by mimi4347[/QUOTE]

I brought something in without a receipt once and that is exactly what they told me, three items a year without a receipt. If you have your receipt you can return whatever. I don't like our Target registry as much as our BB&B registry, but I do love Target so it's not a huge thing I guess.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_target-registry-post-wedding-coupon-code?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:01a3d959-7be5-4fde-b9be-9ad52281faf6Post:db1204b2-1779-4c2e-a369-b158667be669">Re: target registry - post wedding coupon code?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: target registry - post wedding coupon code? : The part after the bolded piece isn't true. I believe they limit returns without receipts, but not all returns. I'm not entirely satisfied with my Target registry experience, but I think it gets blown way out of proportion on here. I've never had any problems returning things to Target.
    Posted by mimi4347[/QUOTE]

Same here.. I've never had a problem returning anything to Target, even without a receipt. They rarely even ask why I'm returning it and could care less. It is probably one of the EASIEST places I've never returned stuff.

Also wanted to mention.... I had gotten the Target registry book in the mail with a little coupon in it that said I could receive a free Target gift card (I think it was $10 or $20) just for registering for at least 10 things.. I wasn't registered at Target, but I made up a registry, brought the coupon to the store, and they gave me the gift card no questions asked. I didn't even need the registry because they didn't check anything. Pretty sweet deal!
  • I actually was pretty pleased with my target registry experience.  had no trouble returning dupes of items that some people purchased w/o the registy number, and no trouble retunring unwanted/needed items not on my registry.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i got the gift card too! It was for $20! We had already registered there anyways a couple months prior, printed it out and showed them and they didn't even bat an eye about it having been done ages ago!
  • How do you get the welcome booklet from Target? My store is ALWAYS out of them? Is there a way to get them in the mail? Is that where I would get the gift certificate?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards