Arizona-Phoenix

Sedona Weather Question

So my fiance and I are thinking we would like to get married on Leap Year 2-29-12 in Sedona and have an outdoor ceremony. Both my fiance and I grew up in AZ and know that winter weather here is unpredictable at best. I've seen 90 degree Christmas Days and 40 degree Thanksgivings so there is really no way to tell what the weather will be like the day of the wedding. The problem is that a few of the venues I have spoken with up there talk to me like I'm nuts for wanting an outdoor ceremony in Feb. What do you guys think? Is this just a recipe for disaster? 

Re: Sedona Weather Question

• edited December 2011
    Sedona's weather in February is really unpredictable... it could be 60 degrees or could be blizzarding. This year, they got pelted with snow on Presidents' Day weekend. I wouldn't risk it. We're getting married on February 11th and booked an indoor venue for the ceremony and reception.
  • jbwed1jbwed1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We opted to have our wedding in late May in Sedona just for this reason. While we really love fall/winter weather and felt it 'suited' us, we also were dead set on having our outdoor ceremony and did want to risk the potential bad weather. No matter what though, you can't predict what the weather will do on a particular day....but we definitely wanted to minimize the possibility of bad weather as much as possible. 
  • blue1981blue1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sedona can definitely be pretty cold in February...
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards