Catholic Weddings

PLEASE READ

I just want to remind everyone that the purpose of this board is to help brides in the process of planning their Catholic Wedding and to help clarify and assist in Catholic-related questions as needed. Our aim should always be to help, and not to harm or insult.

I would like to ask everyone to please read what you are writing before you post it, and ask yourself if you could be more pleasant, warm and understanding in your response. It’s beneficial to everyone to have our faith represented humbly and respectfully. We will not communicate effectively if we have turned someone off by our tone. Try to post with a smile.

I also would appreciate it if we can be civil in our disagreements and correct each other with grace and reverence. I realize this isn’t easy, but please consider our purpose (and His purpose) in everything you do here.

Finally, please understand that none of us are perfect. If we are at fault, please aim to help and not to ridicule or degrade. If you ever have any questions or concerns, you can PM me and I will do my best to help.

Thanks for you patience and cooperation!
Riss

P.S. Many of the posts here are wonderful, enlightening  and filled with helpful assistance and increased understanding of the Church. I thank all of you for the wisdom and care you have shared.

Re: PLEASE READ

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_please-read?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:9aa30f27-9f9e-44ff-af34-ac89ac826a40Post:6c430482-eda7-4c09-8246-d402b6fd81bd">Re: PLEASE READ</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: PLEASE READ : =( It's me.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

I guess you need a time out!!
  • Thank you for the clarification. i was beginning to wonder if it really was about guiding the bride-to-bes or enforcing certain beliefs. I've learned a few things already here, but also have felt defensive on my own behalf and I am trying to remind myself WHY I choose to read/post here. 
    ~ES~
  • Well, no one can enforce beliefs via message board Tongue Out  Even priests can't enforce beliefs upon a congregation. They can share knowledge and information and provide guidance. And I fully expect the people on this board to explain the doctrine when necessary - in a warm and conscientious way. Those that read can choose to act on that information how they see fit. But the idea is to give and receive information respectfully and with the proper intent. Hope that clarifies things a bit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards