Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Suggestions for rehearsal dinner site?

Hi Knotties!

My FI and I are having a hard time finding a rehearsal dinner site! We have a group of about 40 people and just cannot find something that is suitable. Where are you ladies having your rehearsal dinners?

TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Suggestions for rehearsal dinner site?

• Options
    nordkenordke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having ours at Tavern On France in Edina. LOVE the food, very reasonable price ($9-15/avg plate) great atmosphere for a casual rehearsal dinner. If you join their Tavern Club for $20, then you also end up saving 20% on your food bill. I believe they can fit up to 60 in their back room that they use for such things. Highly recommend it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're doing old Chicago! Unlimited pizza buffet! $8.50 for adults and $5 for kids 12 and under
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing ours at The Wilds :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are thinking of doing ours at Brits Pub downtown. They have a few private, cozy rooms that you can rent. You can choose to have people order off the menu or have it catered. The food is nothing fancy, but I think it's pretty good. Plus if you like lawn bowling, that is always fun!
  • Options
    MaggieandJakeMaggieandJake member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're having ours at Buca's downtown for about 30 people.  They have varying levels of dinner/drink packages.  We're doing the cheapest one (2 salads, 2 pasta entrees, and 1 poultry entree, and 1 desert-family style) for $700 plus tax and 21% gratuity.
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It all depends on where your other venues are, to be honest. If you give us an idea of where your ceremony site is, it would help us narrow down some options for ya.

FWIW, we had ours at Nye's Polonaise. We loved the food, history, and location, since it was literally next door to our church.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our venue is in downtown St. Paul and we're having ours at Pazzaluna, a one bock walk from the venue.  Location definitely matters.
    BFP #3 July 2012 = EDD 4/1/2013
    BFP #2 May 2012 = loss at 4w3d
    BFP #1 January 2003 = 9 year old son

imageimage
    ? My BFP Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing the Happy Gnome in St. Paul. They have a large private room that can accommodate around 120. Its great food, a private bar and totally private. They're doing a burger bar with all the fixings for us. 
  • Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep - ditto pps.  Where is your church ?  We had ours at the Lexington on Grand in St. Paul.  They have a private room that accommodates more than your current guest list and was really nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep a general metro location would help with narrowing it down-

We are doing Rockwoods in Elk River, because all of our venues are in the northwest metro
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did ours at Buca downtown, too.  Our rehearsal was at the conservatory at the Walker, so it was really convenient.  They've got free parking, too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had ours at Pizza Luce, DT.  Make sure there isnt a Twin's game though as parking would be a nightmare.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I have some great ideas to look at :)

Our ceremony/reception venue is in Cottage Grove, but we're not opposed to driving to other areas of the metro for the dinner.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards