Michigan-Detroit

Outdoor wedding

Anyone have any suggestions for a nice garden ceremony site?  I know Pine Knob has nice gardens but they are a little too pricey for me.  I just want a naturally beautiful place for my ceremony!  Thanks!!!

Re: Outdoor wedding

• Check out the botanical gardens at u of m.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_outdoor-wedding-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:91016831-85f1-4c2d-bec3-1548c3a94d83Post:14f64ba8-b087-4d74-89d1-0d6b7b869fd1">Re: Outdoor wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check out the botanical gardens at u of m.
    Posted by sparkles776[/QUOTE]

Ditto this. It's not actually outside but it's certainly unique and beautiful. Just doesn't work very well for large guest lists. I went to a wedding here once and all the guests had to stand.
    June 16, 2012
  • Check out Goldner Walsh Nursery. It's on the outskirts of Pontiac. If I had seen this before I booked my venue, I would definitely be getting married there!! So beautiful and unique! Not sure about any costs though.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • there is also the fountin on Belle Isle.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thank you everyone!
  • We had our ceremony and reception at Greenmead Village, which is a lovely park in Livonia at 8 Mile and Newburgh Rd intersection. They have fabulous gardens, although we used the chapel there. They are well maintained year round. Even though we used the chapel there, we took all our pictures on the grounds.

This link takes you to our pictures, and you can see the gardens and buildings here in our posed pictures:

http://www.capturedbybrian.com/photos/kevinsuewedding/

Good luck, and welcome to the boards.
  • I wish I had more to contribute than our vendors but I do not.  We are using Stone Creek Banquet hall.  They have outside ceremony sites.  Not exactly garden but woodlands, bridge, protected wetlands, very pretty.  They are not in Detroit though, in Flat Rock.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards