Oregon

Where to go for engagement photos?

I was wondering if anyone had any unique spots in Portland to take engagement photos? Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks!

Re: Where to go for engagement photos?

• Poppy715Poppy715 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You've gotta be more specific for really good advice! Are you two looking for more rural photos with a country feel or super urban and more modern and edgy. Would you like Portland or somewhere in the surrounding areas. I think once you narrow down those choices the ladies will have plenty of suggestions. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • edited December 2011
    You might also want to ask your photographer.  Often times they have a few aces up their sleeves
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  • edited December 2011
    We took our engagement photos in Portland. First stop was N. Naito Pkwy, as it gets more industrial. Right next to the street, there is a cool overhang that was very industrial-urban. Just behind the street, in the parking area, was an old brick wall with old glass windows that was an unexpected, but awesome backdrop. Our final stop was Cathedral Park underneath the St. Johns Bridge. Beautiful, lots of space. I've added a couple pictures for you to see... (photographer: Sarah Galbraith, http://www.sarahgalbraith.com

• edited December 2011
    Edgefield in Troutdale...
  • bethcougbethcoug member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are looking for urban and more modern and edgy. We also want to shoot somewhere in Portland.

Any ideas welcome :)
  • edited December 2011
    We did ours at the Rose Garden and Washington Park b/c we liked the more outdoorsy feel. The waterfront is a good place if you can get there on a day without a lot of people
  • pnutkittenpnutkitten member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would try the World Trade Center building. The architiure on the outside is really interesting - and if you can make it inside with the view of Portland through the windows, it would be a really beautiful backdrop.
    The Happy Couple <3 <br/>
    Photobucket

"All began with love; all seeks to return to love. Love is the law, the teacher of wisdom, and the great revealer of mysteries." -Faery teaching

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards