September 2013 Weddings
Options

Tuesday

I wrote Thursday as the subject of this posts TWICE before I got it right. Must be wishful thinking.

What's going on today?

I found out I didn't get that job, which I have totally accepted because apparently the boss is a huge douchebag (at least that's the vibe I got when he made his secretary respond to my inquiry yesterday). Oh well, carry on!

FI and I made a big dent in putting the DIY touches on the invites, about 60 more to go and then they can be stuffed and sent.

Some drama with the junior bridesmaid/flower girl dresses I picked because one of the girls can't wear junior sizes any more, so I'm pretty much back to the drawing board. Sigh.
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    Ouch, sorry about the dresses...but yay for getting invites done!  I need to kick myself in the a$$ and start getting things done again...I've been in such a funk.

I'm excited for Thursday!  If the weathermen aren't lying to me (yet again), we should be gettinf a decent snowstorm and I'm not even going to attempt to get out of bed.  Not much going on today though - I'm pretty tired.  We did manage to knock a huge off the budget, so there's that.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    sorry about the jr. BM dresses. i'm sure you'll find something you love even more!

i finally made a plan for this saturday to address the save the dates and get those suckers out!!!! i can't believe the wedding is only 6 months away!!!
  • Options
    I wish it was Thursday...or 3 months from now.

I went to the online pharmacy I use and noticed that my allergy eye drops went from $60 to $165. My order was "In Process" so I called and asked them to take it off since it hasn't been sent and shouldn't be a problem. No such luck, to them "In Process" means you are F****D. I told FI and he proceeded to chide me like a child for not fighting more with the company. I hate confrontation with strangers, I always make him deal with people when there are problems. I let him know that I was frustrated and needed to get back to work since I had so much to do and he kept saying I should have fought until it was resolved. Yelling at the lady just doing her job wasn't going to accomplish anything other than me ending up more frustrated than I already was.

Now he is stuck on "We need to email coordinator at the venue" "why haven't we e-mailed her." Well we haven't e-mailed her because when I get home from work he jumps on my case about working out or running. Once I am done with that heb***hs that we are eating dinner so late and then once I get dinner cleaned up he lays on the couch like a log and falls asleep. I would have e-mailed her myself but he wants everything to go through his e-mail account. Like she can't figure out who I am since I have never e-mailed her before or met her.

Ugh...sorry that turned into a rant. I'm PMSing, which in itself is another issue because FI is complaining that I will be on my period during the honeymoon. Which still isn't booked and at this point don't know if we can afford and I have offered to wait for a few weeks after the wedding or just go somewhere for a few days and have a big honeymoon later. FI refuses.
    ***September 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration***
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry about the job and dresses.  ((hug))

My aunt might be coming by tonight with the dress my grandmother bought for my flowergirl.  We're going to look at it and see if we like it.  We'll see.  I wanted to add a navy sash but my grandmother said she doesn't think that would look good on the dress.  We'll just have to wait and see.  Maybe FG can wear a navy flower in her hair and navy shoes or something.

I have a dance class tonight, the first since before Christmas!  I'm excited to get back to it and I can't wait to catch up with my friends.

FI randomly looked up house values for the area that we're moving to.  It's a bit out of the way and further out of the city than I wanted to go, but we can get twice the house out there.  We could be in a really nice house in two/three years instead of six.  I might be willing to drive the extra twenty minutes to visit friends and family if we found the right house in a few years.  We'll see.  It's nice to set up longterm goals...

After my dance class I'm packing tonight.  And I'm packing tomorrow.  And Thursday I'm putting together IKEA furniture.  And Friday I'm going to a high school playoff hockey game.  And Saturday I'm going dress shopping with three bridesmaids and then moving a bunch of stuff.  And Sunday I'm unpacking and entertaining my sister.

Doesn't matter what day of the week it is, I'm swamped from now until forever (or so it feels).  Ugh!
  • Options

Well the last 24 hours have been stressful! My FI is finishing up his doctorate in May and we knew that probably meant a big move for us. However, he was just offered his dream job with the company he consultsn for but that means relocation from mid-Michigan (we are getting married in Northern Michigan) to.... Minnesota! That means my showers, my bachelorette party, the wedding, the honeymoon all means a lot of flying and $$$. I  also have to give up my good job here in Michigan and start over in MN. STRESSFUL! However, I'm so happy for him and not going with him is just not an option for my sanity.

• Options
    mpickl - I guess that's good that you didn't end up working for someone like that! Hopefully you'll get something soon =) I'm still waiting for our job reviews which determine how much of a raise (if you've been good!) you get. These should have happened January and I'm getting really upset because we need the extra money. Thank goodness my boss decided to make this retroactive but I still hate waiting....2 months now! I'm bringing the FI's brother and his wife along with their daughter on Friday to try on a flower girl dress I have picked out. That will be another check and then we HAVE to put another payment on the hall. I just feel like we're still far behind financially. I can't wait for the spending to be over. I want to win the lottery lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sara G to beSara G to be member
    First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I tore apart my appartment last night looking for my birth certificate, social securty card, pass port, and diploma... I took them with me when I went to the DMV like a month ago and can't find them! They might be at my mom's house I just don't know why I would have put them there. I was up till about 1:30 looking and crying (PMSing also) had to be at work for 9 today to do a stupid training which was pretty much a waste of time! FI has been on my last nerve lately. He wouldn't just let me cry last night when its all I wanted to do! I kept telling him to go take a shower and when he got out I would be better but he just sat with me. I don't like crying infront of people because they (especially him) feels like they have to make it better. Sometimes I just want to cry and get it out. I don't need anyone to make me feel better crying will do that! I just wish I could find my stupid documents.... On a good note my invites are supposed to be coming in today so I'll have a good reason to stop by mom moms. I get my mail there since we will be moving there soon. It just seems like a bad week/month!
    ***March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    OOO and I have my 6 month review coming up at my job which my manager is holding over my head and said we have "a lot to talk about". She is on my case about my "professionalism" This is my first professional job so give me a little time to learn lady! It just seems like she picks a person to pick on for a couple of months. It was a co worker right before me and now she is trying to be buddy buddy with the co worker! UGH just let me work No clients complain about me no coworkers complain about me its just you! And instead of telling me about my "professionalism" give me some ways to improve it! but you can't because you are just making s**t up! AHHHHHHHHHHH I want to scream then cry then eat ice cream and lay in bed with my phone off and my door locked! Yea deff. having some PMS!
    ***March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I have to order a copy of my birth cert. Neither parent says they have it so I need to get a replacement. I need to create a new to do list. PMSing while under stress just makes it 1000% worse.
    ***September 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration***
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_tuesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:0be03093-ba83-4344-84e0-aef0623086a1Post:a5b784f7-f6f9-49ee-898e-1e8c39c20eb2">Re: Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I tore apart my appartment last night looking for my birth certificate, social securty card, pass port, and diploma... Posted by Sara G to be[/QUOTE]

You just reminded me that I need to order a dupe birth certificate.  I went to get my passport a few weeks ago and couldn't find it - I bought a lockbox to put important docs in...and obvs forgot to add that one to it and have NO idea where I had it last (last used for a Del. drivers license in 2011 lol).  I borrowed the original from my mom, but she's militant about getting them back.  "It's the only proof I have that you're my child!"

Except, you know, me :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards