Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Help with different but creative first dance

To poke fun at the fact that my fiance can't dance, our first dance is going to be 2 songs in one. We're going to start with the slow song "When I Look Into Your Eyes" by Firehouse.

We will then have our DJ "accidently" scratch the record and put on a more upbeat and fun song to dance to. We narrowed it down to "Wake Me Up (Before You Go Go) by Wham! or "Travlin' Band" by Creedence Clearwater Revival

What do you girls we should play?

BTW, this will all be choreographed

Re: Help with different but creative first dance

• dcbowmandcbowman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote for Wake Me Up out of those two but what about Footloose? ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Footloose is actually a better idea because it sounds like it should be a dance between 2 people versus about 100 people on the dancefloor. Either way, it would most likely be played since our list is all classic rock
  • misskendradeemisskendradee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love it! We are planning the exacts same thing!! Our first song still undecided... and then bust into "Shake It" by Michael Franti...
    I'm so excited to see everyone's face!
  • edited December 2011
    How cute! I'm excited to see everyone's face as well. It's keeping a straight face that' I need to work on. Ha
  • kipnuskipnus member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We're sort of doing that too--starting with something slow and sappy, maybe "Hero" by Enrique Iglesias, and then we will move into this: 

My FI is from Venezuela and can actually dance! :) Haven't quite figured out what to do for the dress...
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_different-but-creative-first-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:c4666126-7aa2-4cd4-93bf-c012e71a8aecPost:f9d751de-ac9f-4f01-83f3-1aeefb75efa9">Re: Help with different but creative first dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're sort of doing that too--starting with something slow and sappy, maybe "Hero" by Enrique Iglesias, and then we will move into this:  <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5WFUStHKXY" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5WFUStHKXY</a> My FI is from Venezuela and can actually dance! :) Haven't quite figured out what to do for the dress...
    Posted by kipnus[/QUOTE]

I love that! Good idea. Did you get your wedding dress yet? Because I was able to get one with a removeable train that I can just take off for the dance and then have my parents or someone attach it back on. The place where we're getting dance lessons taught me how to dance in my dress but I still don't trust myself/. Ha!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards