Wedding Party
Options

Bridesmaid Dilemna

hi,

I have a dilemna about who to ask to be my bridesmaids. My only sister is my MOH but I also have a sister in law and very serious long term girlfriend of my brother on my side, two future sister-inl aws on my Fiance's side as well as 2 best friends from HS and 2 other college friends. My Fiance and I haven't decided how many attendents each want and I don't want to hurt any feelings. How do I proceed....
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridesmaid Dilemna

• Options
    definitely don't choose your attendants out of obligation, pick who you're closest to. For a hint, think of the people you call/text on a regular basis, who you would go to with personal problems, who would be there if you needed someone to bail you out of jail (or sitting in the cell with you).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    156image 108image 48image RSVP Due 5/18
    New Bio
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridesmaid-dilemna?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:0ba5771d-fa63-45d8-83fd-fc852ff6e92aPost:a123cbdf-af21-4dc6-8f9d-13465dba8299">Re: Bridesmaid Dilemna</a>:
    [QUOTE] who would be there if you needed someone to bail you out of jail (or sitting in the cell with you).
    Posted by mrsamyjones[/QUOTE]

<div>Hahahaha I like this test--gets down to the heart of the matter.</div>
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies! All very helpful. I will definitley wait to ask anyone for a bit. I need to think all this over. I actually think my college friends are the people I see most often, but maybe not the closest to. The HS girlfriends I don't see too often but truly know me the best. As for family, I am not too worried about not asking the future sister-in laws- they would understand. This is really going to be hard!  My future IL's probably wouldn't care about the tattoos... It's sort of a case of the classy meet the not so classy, that may be what I am worried about.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Seriously..... ask only who you want.  Don't worry about who you're "supposed" to ask. 
  • Options
    update to my bridesmaid dilema. I've asked my 2 closest friends from HS and my sister in-law (who's been married to my brother for 7 years). I realized right away that I wanted these three lovely ladies in my wedding along with my sister who's my MOH of course. I plan on asking 2 other girls, the time just hasn't been right yet! Thanks again.Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards