Jewish Weddings
Options

Chuppah rentals in NJ/NYC?

FI and I have decided we want a chuppah that would need holders.  I've been looking online and I can't seem to fnd good rental places for this kind of chupah.

Anyone have any suggestions of where to look?  We're getting married in NJ about 15 min from Manhattan.
ExerciseMilestone image

Re: Chuppah rentals in NJ/NYC?

• Options
    LBRM_NJLBRM_NJ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where are you getting married?  I would check with both your florist and your catering hall.  If they don't have one, they will likely know where to get one.  They are very accustomed to the traditional needs of jewish weddings in north jersey. 
    Lisa
    The Knot lost my info, but, I've been married since 6/19/05!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Blog - "Helping Make Sense"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We don't have a florist yet, so when we book with them (which we'll be doing soon) I'll ask.  Our venue doesn't have one, but knew that most florists can do free-standing ones.  Our officiant has a very basic, small one, but it's not what we'd want to use.
    ExerciseMilestone image
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could also check out this Etsy seller, who has an inexpensive one for sale.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there, My fiancée and I are working with a separate vendor for our chuppah which we got on a recommendation from a friend. Our florist wanted to charge us over $1,000 for a chuppah which is just crazy. This company has several different chuppahs at very reasonable prices and they set up, decorate and then breakdown an take away, all included. You can check out pictures at www.rentchuppahs.com. The lady's name is Yani and she is very helpful. They are located in north jersey but are willing to travel as our wedding is in central/south jersey. Hope this helps. Alina
  • Options
    daliaspekdaliaspek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

check out:

roykushner.com for a more contemporary modern chuppah.
    :) congratulations!!
    Dalia

• Options
    I am sorry that I haven't posted this sooner for those of you looking for a chuppah for your ceremony.  I know how difficult it is to find a Chuppah that is a reasonable price and beautiful. This is why I have hand crafted chuppahs for weddings in the past and am now renting out the chuppahs previously made for other weddings.  I will also create custom chuppahs if there is a design you love and just can't find in the NY/NJ area.  Please feel free to contact me for any information you might need. lcruz012@yahoo.com or 646-593-1960.

Best Wishes,
    Leslie

This chuppah was for a wedding in Midtown Manhattan:

• Options
    Here is the website with all the information you need for renting a chuppah. Hope this helps!
    www.yourchuppahny.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards