Ohio-Cleveland

5/7/2011 Vendor Reviews

Hello, I don't post much on here but I always found the vendor reviews helpful so I hope this is helpful to someone. Feel free to message me on any of these and happy planning!

Heidzillas: A
Heidi and assistant Brittany were Day of Coordinators for our May 7, 2011 wedding.  There is definitely a reason all her reviews are 5 stars - she is extremely responsive and very helpful, and just a pleasure to work with, starting from when I began communicating with her until after the wedding (and she takes awesome photos, which will keep you happy while you are waiting for the professional ones!).   She stayed an extra hour at our crazy long rehearsal and helped organize it.  She had good vendor recommendations.  Our families and wedding party loved her.   She stepped in when our reception location didn’t do what they were supposed (like release people to buffets).  My only regret is that I didn’t hire Heidi for full coordination. It wasn’t in budget at the time, but looking back, I wish I had found a way to make it work. Based on our Day of Coordination experience, I think it would have been worth it, especially since I was planning from out of town.  Once you start working with her, you’ll see that it’s impossible to have anything negative to say - she really is as good as all the reviews say!

Wildflour Bakery: A
Simply Delicious. A delight to work with. Everyone there is so nice and so responsive. Best part of the planning process.  All I did was tell them what flavors we wanted,  told them our wedding colors, gave them a copy of the invitation, and asked them to work their magic and the cake looked beautiful! People are still talking about tasty the cake was one month later.

Marriott at Key Center: D
I would never hold an event there ever again.  They advertise as if they have great expertise in planning weddings and say they provide with an event planner.  The sales team was fabulous but as soon as you get switch to the event planning team, it’s totally different.  The event planner did nothing remotely close to planning and was actually an impediment.  When my initial email to the event planning staff didn’t receive a reply after one month, I was told by the event planner: “I may not respond to you because I am busy planning events for diplomats and foreign dignitaries” It was impossible to get information.  We had repeat things with her over and over again.  There were constant excuses,  flat out lies, bad communication, and disorganization. I had to hand draw my floor plan for her and she still couldn’t get it right.  Things were served that we never agreed to and we were charged for it. And things we had brought in from outside caterer were never served.  At the last minute, just as we were about to enter the reception, the “event planner” stopped us to discuss the logistics of transporting gifts! (we had already discussed this with her in a previous meeting). Our wedding was one month ago and we are still sorting out the bill.  I could have backed out without losing money, I would have done it even with all the extra hassle it would be to switch locations. Though, I will say that the day of staff who actually worked the event was really very good. And the venue is beautiful. If you like the location, hire someone for full wedding coordinating services.

Roses for Weddings A
Ety was very responsive, very easy to work with and had a lot of options which helped us to stay within our budget. I didn’t give her too much in terms of directions, just told her what colors I liked and such and let her do her thing. The ceremony flowers were nicely arranged and I thought she did really good job with reception flowers

Party Decor A
Alina is great to work with, has tons of ideas and a huge selection of decor.  It’s fun to go to to her warehouse and see everything and she even made up sample tables for us so we could see what it looked like.  We had no problems with wrinkled or dirty linens. Everything was clean and beautifully arranged!

Lindsey Beckwith Photography A
I haven’t seen all the photos yet, but both her and the 2nd shooter were fun to work with. She did show me some photos during the shoot so I have an idea of what they will look like and they look amazing. Since we were running late, we had a bit of a time crunch between the ceremony and the reception but Lindsey came up with a solution so we were still able to sneak in some photos of just the two of us!

Coppersmith Video Productions A
Leland and his team were super easy to work with. He even came to the rehearsal just to check things out and get familiar with the church and our service.  He always responded immediately and our video was ready in less month!  I have friends who got married months before me and are still waiting for their video. The videographers were not even the slightest bit intrusive at all, in fact I barely noticed they were there.  And our video is great, we loved how he edited the the reception. Our ceremony was really long, but he still managed to get the important parts of the reception into the video and it looked really good!

Saffron Patch (Indian Food) A
The food was really good, but especially the cocktail hour food. George has really good suggestions - we went with some of his suggestions which were foods that I didn’t like but the guests loved them so he knows what he is talking about! One of our guests even said it was the best wedding food he has had.

Re: 5/7/2011 Vendor Reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards