Outdoor Weddings
Options

Making a beach wedding from scratch

FH and I want to get married on one of the beaches in my hometown (ever since I was younger I've wanted to do this, just because this beach is so scenic and because the location is perfect to share my big day with my extended family). 

The thing is, this beach is exactly that- a bare bones beach- so we'd have to basically set it up from scratch with the seating and the decor and everything else that we'd need for the ceremony.  Luckily for us, my hometown is extremely small, so word will travel fast that there's a wedding going on in the cove, and we won't necessarily have to worry about unexpected guests on the beach (by all accounts it should be a fairly private occasion lol).  But the thing that kind of worries me is the time and financial investments that we will have to make to get the ceremony up and running. 

What do you ladies think- are FH and I getting in over our heads with this wedding style?

Re: Making a beach wedding from scratch

• Options
    There is a board under "Wedding Theme Boards" (left side of page) that has a page just for Beach Weddings and you may also get a lot of good advice from the North Carolina--Outer Banks board (Local Boards, left side), as there are a lot of beach brides over there that could offer help with setup.

I also did a beach wedding and we had a clean slate to work with, as most beaches are pretty wide open to begin with.  We rented chairs from a local company and had my 2 brothers and Uncles set them up and we also used real bamboo poles as our backdrop, had 4 on either side of the WP that had ribbons in our colors blowing in the wind.  It just made it pop a little more.

With some chairs in the sand and an arch or bamboo set-up of some sort, you can dress it up in no time.

Feel free to head on over if you have any questions and I know the girls have some pictures of different decor they have used to give their ceremony area a little more oompph :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards