Nebraska-Omaha

Vendor Reviews

My goodness - these are a little late but I'm finding that being married is a great excuse to no longer depend on the knot to keep me occupied haha.  I had the best day!!  Thanks for everyone who helped with advice and encouragement.  We had a Friday wedding and that was the best decision we made about the wedding.  I highly reccomend it.

1316 Jones Street - A+ 
Chad Morford is the manager for 1316 Jones and The Paxton Ballroom.  He was an amazing vendor.  He let us into the venue a day early to set up the decorations.  He also cut us major discounts for the Friday date.  He was at the reception to make sure everything ran so smoothly.  He did a great job.  The staff at the reception did a great job - we had 2 bartenders and a carving station and they were extremely friendly and quick.  The deck is a huge draw and my guests really enjoyed it.

Abraham Catering - A
The food at the reception was delicious.  We had a buffet of chicken and roast beef and really yummy potatoes.  Everyone complimented the catering and there was plenty of food.  The FI and I didn't have much time to enjoy but the bites that we had were delicious.  The prices were really reasonable.

Thanksgiving! Lutheran Church - A+
The church supplies you with 2 wedding coordinators that help with the rehearsal and the day of.  They were really valuable to making the day go smoothly.  They did a great job of keeping things going and they provided some much needed moral support before walking down the aisle.  Pastor David was the officiant and the pre-mariatal meetings were really inspriational and I know our marriage willl be better because of our time spent with him. 

EverBloom Floral (in Bellevue) - A
We went into the floral shop with a budget and we were able to get everything we wanted and it was so beautiful!  She completely understood my look that I was going for and had really good suggestions of how to get there on my budget. 

Jerilyn Begalle (Picture It Photography) - A+
www.jbpictureit.com
Albums- /> Username : Roth - /> Password: Roth Wedding(include the space)
She's my aunt and my Godmother and she did the best job!!  She really took all of my ideas and ran with them.  She's based in New Hampshire.

Ollie the Trolley - A
Ollie was used for our transportation from the church to the picture sites and then finally to the reception.  The driver was super friendly and knew the fastest routes to our locations.  It fit our huge wedding party and their dates/families.

BabyCakes Omaha - A
http://www.babycakesomaha.com/
Danielle runs the business out of her home.  The staff at the reception commented that it was the best cake that the hall has ever had.  She has amazing cake flavors - our was hazelnut.  Her prices are really reasonable.  We love love loved having her as a vendor.

David's Bridal - B
Eeh they weren't that great.  I picked out my own dresses to try on because the consultants were picking what I wanted.  I ended up with a beautiful dress at a great price but they wouldn't steam it for me without paying for alterations which I didn't need!  They don't provide the star treatment you expect for being and bride and spending so much money!

J'Marie's Bridal (Shadow Lake) - C
The bridesmaid dresses were really beautiful and fit the girls incredibly well but I found the staff to be so rude and not knowledgable about their products.  The order for the dreses were lost and also the girls were told that they would recieve a discount and then they didn't.  We were really disappointed in the amout of time it took to get back (5 months). It was within their time frame but it still took a long time.

The Tux Shoppe (Village Pointe) - A
They were the best value tuxes in the metro area.  We suited the 5 groomsman, 3 ushers, and the ringbearer and they had all of the suits ready and pressed for pickup.  They fit the guys great and had tons of colors to choose from.  I really liked the lady at the shop although I had little interaction with her.  They also let us turn in the tuxes 3 days after the actual wedding which was really convienent.

Bandstand Music - A
We had Mark as our DJ.  As everyone has said a million times, he is great.  He played all of the songs we requested and really kept the evening progressing.  He has a great personality and is a born DJ it seems :)

Michaels Craft Store - C
Haha I did all of my own decor and centerpieces so Michaels was also a vendor.  It's great that they give out so many coupons but they never had what I needed and if it did then it had scratches or some sort of imperfection.  The staff (in the Bellevue location) was often rude and unhelpful. 

Saveoncrafts.com - A
Tons of great ideas and they delivered some last minute decor quickly and they had exactly what we wanted.

If you guys have any questions or want to buy any of the for sale items on my weebly email me at skhokkanen@gmail.com

Happy Planning everyone!!

Re: Vendor Reviews

• HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting all the reviews and glad you had a good day!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards