Missouri-Kansas City

Hair and Makeup Cost

I am looking for someone to come to us to do our hair and makeup.  I have looked at a few websites and they all seem really expensive to me.   It would be about $200 for just the Bride.  Has anyone else got better quotes from people?  Does that sound too high?  Bridal hair and make up isn't something I want to skimp on but I wasn't expecting it to be that high.

imageAnniversary

Re: Hair and Makeup Cost

• aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that seems about the usual.  $150 is the lowest I've seen for both.  To save $, I'm just having my hair done.  I would rather do my makeup myself anyways.  If anything I'll just have someone put fake eyelashes on for me..
  • kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd say the same as PP, around $150 is probably the lowest I've seen.  Sometimes if your whole bridal party is getting theirs done as well they will give you 10-15% off though.  Check out blushco.com
  • edited December 2011
    Honestly that seems pretty standard.  I found the makeup was usually more expensive than the hair as well.

I also opted for only my hair professionally done.  Save lots of dough that way.  For makeup, I just went to the MAC store and had them teach me how to do my makeup well, bought a few things that I wanted (I already have foundation, etc. that works with my skin) and practiced a couple times with my sister to watch/give suggestions.

You could do that with several of the different makeup stores/counters.
  • edited December 2011
    Mine is way lower then that i am going with In Demand Salon out of Downtown Lee's Summit and Emily is great i have a lot of family members that have gone to her and are very happy. She has a facebook page so just look her up :) I am on a tight budget so there was no way i was paying 150 for my hair, but that is just me personally.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards