New Hampshire

rehearsal dinner woes

Hi all,
my FILs have a limited budget. there is only a total of ~23 ppl that would be at the dinner. the wedding is on the seacoast thus i've looked in Portsmouth, Rye, Exeter, Durham, etc etc. The problem I'm having is I can't seem to find any place with reasonable pricing. Any suggestions?? TIA.

Re: rehearsal dinner woes

• edited December 2011
    I'm not familiar with the area, but have you considered a backyard RD? Friends of mine did a backyard BBQ that was pretty low in cost (minus the mechanical bull they rented...hey, it's northern NH). If it is only 23 people your FILs may end up spending less per person in a backyard get together including table/chair rental.
  • edited December 2011

Talk with some of the smaller restaurants in that area.  Our original idea was to have a backyard catered rehearsal dinner.  We talked with one of the restaurants in this area (Rochester, Dover, Somersworth)  and they were willing to cater 40 people for under $600.  We changed our mind because we didn't want to have to do all of the clean up (even though everyone said they would be willing to help).  With others willing to help out this could be an option for you!  35 Market Street Bakery in Somersworth caters, has great food for all, and they are very reasonable.  Hope this helps! 

• edited December 2011
    I'd call a local lounge.  Maybe you could do cocktails and apps depednding on the time of the rehersal???Just an idea
    Or call the Portsmouth Gaslight Company. Their pizza is my favorite and the place is big enough that they may be able to set you up in a private area.  Here's the link with more info http://www.portsmouthgaslight.com/functions.cfm

• edited December 2011
    Thx all. We would do the whole backyard bbq thing but i know FFIL would be overly compulsive about getting the lawn perfect. FMIL would stress out over the inside of the house especially since she's ashamed of the way it looks & she'd be on FFILs butt to get all of the dogs feces off the lawn, etc etc etc.

Thx again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards