Not Engaged Yet

le sigh...

My friend is going BSC and wants to look at wedding stuff all the time. This is the same one I KUI'd about not all that long ago (finally dating a decent guy). Her relationship is still pretty new and even though she's "never felt like this before" and "they have everything in common" I made a comment about how it might be a bit soon to be researching such things, especially since they haven't spoken about it.

Apparently though despite my BF knowing what I have and haven't looked into I'm a hypocrite for saying something to her.

What should I do?

image image image image 
"but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: le sigh...

• edited December 2011
    Ice rink, definitely suggest an ice rink.
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I chose something far more fabulous but really I'm not sure what it is.  I think maybe you need to rent an ice rink...just for her.  No need to get yourself involved in that crazy just give her the location and tell her to give 'er!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PS: You're not BSC.  Unless I am too...b/c we're both in the same boat.  OMG maybe we're both BSC and don't know it....

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ice rink double wedding. please?
  • edited December 2011
    I chose far more fabulous, but my suggestion is the heighth of tame.

Ignore wedding talk with her.  When she brings it up, either change the subject or say "You know, I thought about what you said last time we were talking weddings, and you're right.  Neither of us should be looking at this stuff before the guys ask us to marry them.  Why don't we talk about X instead?"

Even though your BF knows you get on here, and you're not BSC, it'll be a lot easier in the long run to just avoid discussing wedding crap with her until you get engaged to avoid any drama or loss of friendship.  If you have to use what I said above, you also get the satisfaction of putting her in her place and NOT coming across as a hypocrite AT ALL.

Sorry I have to be Debbie Downer and not choose the ice skating rink.  I'm too tired to be witty this morning.  Best for me to just stay practical.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Acro, that is pretty damn fabulous.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Aww, thanks!  ::blushes::
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I think you should do what Acro said, BUT....

THEN plan a fabulous surprise ice rink wedding for like... next month. Invite everyone and your BF will HAVE to marry you on the spot, and THEN you can judge your friend all you want without being a hypocrite because you'll be married and have the perfect life.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Jeana you're friggen brilliant!
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Obviously she needs to break up with the fabulous new guy because she finds out he is cheating, come on the knot and post all about it and insult people who dislike her spelling, and then a few months later get knocked up.  It's the only way.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    Damnit NQB I can't believe I didn't make that once of the choices.
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_le-sigh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4966f01d-fb4d-474a-beeb-f891d8bb9f4bPost:fe732066-013f-489e-b6e1-fd300e682101">Re: le sigh...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Damnit NQB I can't believe I didn't make that once of the choices.
    Posted by Button5807[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I hope that was unintentional, in which case it's even funnier. </div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards