September 2013 Weddings
Options

Hair and make up for bridesmaids, what's your plan??

So the other day a bridesmaid asked me if I care if she wore her hair up or down and if we were going to get make up done together etc...But to tell you the truth I haven't thought that far ahead yet because I don't even have a dress yet!  I know that usually everyone gets ready together but I'm weird.  I'm usually a loner and I like my peace and quiet and I kinda don't want too much fussing going on around me on the day of.  Is it wrong to have them come over all ready?  Or would it be good for them to have hair/make up done and then they could all put their dresses on with me and have a drink?  OR do I need to pay for their hair or make up to get done WITH me??    

So are you setting, 'rules' on how your bridesmaids do their hair and make up??  And for the day of will all of you be getting ready together??  Let me know!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hair and make up for bridesmaids, what's your plan??

• Options
    I hadn't plan on paying for my bridesmaid's hair/makeup, but after I crunched the numbers it wasn't that much more to get them done. So I will be offering my MOA/hairstylist up to my bridesmaids, it's their decision if they use it or not.

Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've thought about this but am not 100% on it yet. Being as one of my bridesmaids has super short hair , the other has really thin ( plus I don't think she'd be comfortable with it up ) and the other has super long. So I think I will offer but I'm sure the only one who would need anything done would be the one with long hair. A store that is local to me does free make up for weddings. I've always used them for all the weddings I've been in and for the military ball , so with that being said we will probably use them.
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~
    This is my inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The actual one I made
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    When I first announced my engagement my hair sylist who has been doing my hair forever jumped for joy and said she's doing everyone's hair. I'm from a small town and she's one of the best hair stylist there and majority of my bridesmaids go to her anyway so I wanted all of us to get our hair and makeup done together. One of my bridesmaids has super short hair so I'm not sure what I'm do about having an updo or about letting it down, I really haven't had time to think about it, just one more detail to add to my list lol 
  • Options
    I'm up in the air about it. And have been thinking about it all week too. I'm getting married about an hour away from where I live. So I haven't decided if we will get hair/makeup before we go to the site or go to the site first and have it done there (my site has a salon there or we can have the hair and make-up people travel with us).
    The other issue is my hair stylist does my hair great but recently moved to a new salon and I have reservations about the other stylists there. I think its kind of an old-lady salon.
    Plus my MOH isn't much for hair and make up and always feels ridiculous when its done for a wedding but really likes the way her stylist styles her for weddings and is very comfortable with her. So I feel like she really wants to stay with her stylist.
    I'm very indecisive about this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not getting my hair or makeup done (wearing hair down and I never wear makeup unless it's for a show/recital). BP will be welcome to do their hair and makeup however they like. I want them to look like themselves and be comfortable in their own styles. l figure they'll probably come over ready since I would assume they'd rather get ready in the comfort of their own homes instead of having to lug things to my parents' house and then come back for it later.
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the input ladies!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am hiring a make up artist to come to the hotel for all of us. ( its an old family friend who is giving us an amazing deal) Not sure about hair though. I haven't found anyone yet for that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm having my hair and makeup done where I get my hair cut.  They always do a great job with my hair (which is a bit wild and frizzy) and they know me better than a stranger would.  I never wear makeup but I want my pictures to look good so I'm getting it done there as well.

I'm not requiring my girls to have their hair done a special way and it's up to them if they want to get it done or do it themselves.  I offered to make them appointments if they wanted them.  I didn't think they would but they're surprising me and so far all three of the ones I mentioned it to said they'd like to get their hair done.  Go figure...
  • Options
    I know I want my bridesmaids hair to be down. All of them with a part in the middle. Some have longer hair than the others but if they're not comfortable they can always get extensions. But they all have at least shoulder length hair. Anyways I want it all down bc my hair is going to be up. makeup one of my friends is a makeup artist for Mac. She offered to do out makeup for free however I will give her a nice tip and my bridesmaids makeup can all be the same. I want all of them to look alike but their dresses will be different styles same color. I let all them know my ideas in advance so it's not a shock. So my advice tell them what you want. They need guidance it's your day
  • Options
    I live in a smaller town and one of the local hair salons will come to your location and bring as many stylist as needed and will do your hair/makeup on site for you at the same cost as it was if it was done at the salon. I have them booked already to come to my future MIL's house to do all of our hair and i am leaving it up to the girls if they want theirs done or not and how they want it done.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards