August 2012 Weddings

train or no train?

I know it seems sacrilegious to leave a train bustled, but it's outdoors (but on a paver patio, still not clean).  I guess I didn't want a train to start with, but alas the gown I picked had one.  It looks very pretty bustled up in fact with a little hanging on the floor.  I don't want to deal with making it lay pretty while I say my vows or having to turn around with it or even pick it up for that matter!  I could be snagging up woodland creatures and trapping them under the dress.

It's LOOONG and lacy:

All bustled up with the sash on too:

The ceremony stairs and space (from a different wedding obviously):

WWYD?  By the way, FI and I will walk down the stairs together (a Swedish custom) and we'll have only two witnesses.

Re: train or no train?

• If it's more easier for you, do the no train.
  • My gown had no train and I was happy for that! I liked not having to bustle it but I also had a cathedral veil so I got all my "train" pictures like that. I would leave it bustled most of the time but take it out for a few pics.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • With the stairs and the pavers I vote to leave it bustled.  

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_train-or-no-train?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:150f154a-fdf9-4297-be50-329191cec10cPost:adf3c600-5903-4584-8125-55e31bcbd5b2">Re: train or no train?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My gown had no train and I was happy for that! I liked not having to bustle it but I also had a cathedral veil so I got all my "train" pictures like that. I would leave it bustled most of the time but take it out for a few pics.
    Posted by random4180[/QUOTE]

Ultimately I too would have liked a gown with no train!  But alas, I got a great deal on an lace Casablanca so that's how I ended up with this gown.  I thought I could just chop it off, but every seamstress I took it to looked at me like I had two heads and made me doubt my decision.  The bustle is actually quite pretty - probably prettier than if I had it chopped.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards