Illinois-Chicago

Need Help with Late RSVPs and Extra Guest!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,
I need some great advice on what to do with the late RSVPs we have been receiving and also need to know how to deal with guest who have invited 3 or more additional people with them to our wedding and reception. 

Our cut off for the responses was 4/15/11, however, we had as many as 20 come in this past week. We have reached the guest capacity for the ballroom, and the RSVPs are still rolling in, some of it is because people have invited extra guest. 

What is the best way to go about either situation without being rude?

I know I can get some great and honest responses from you all Laughing

Thanks for the help!

Re: Need Help with Late RSVPs and Extra Guest!!!!!!!!!!

• edited December 2011
    1.  Did you invite more guests than your room can hold?  If you did, thats a big no-no and you are going to have to figure something out.  I dont know what, but something.

2.  For the people who have RSVP'd for more than invited, you have to call them up (and if you dont personally know the people, have whoever invited them [mom, dad, FIL, etc.] call them up) and sweetly say that you are excited that they can make it, however due to room capacity you only have enough seats for said addresses and that you hope it wont be a problem.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_need-late-rsvps-extra-guest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:8ff752a9-4ac6-4d25-b07d-3c22290a9913Post:80bef905-3ba2-4b71-a695-5ecbd7ce204f">Re: Need Help with Late RSVPs and Extra Guest!!!!!!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  Did you invite more guests than your room can hold?  If you did, thats a big no-no and you are going to have to figure something out.  I dont know what, but something. 2.  For the people who have RSVP'd for more than invited, you have to call them up (and if you dont personally know the people, have whoever invited them [mom, dad, FIL, etc.] call them up) and sweetly say that you are excited that they can make it, however due to room capacity you only have enough seats for said addresses and that you hope it wont be a problem. Good luck!
    Posted by Love is Bald[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much, I invited 200 guest, and the room can hold 250 comfortably.  The 200 was including the Spouse or +1 guest the invitees would bring. I was thinking of calling them, but I did not know if that was rude. I am glad to know that it is ok to call them and explain.  Unfortunately, we never thought people would RSVP with them +4 on their response...WOW...
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Just out of curiosity, are the extra people those people's children or just totally random people they thought they could bring? I'd be seriously ticked off if it was the latter. Good luck sorting out this situation! I think LIB is right on here.
  • edited December 2011
    WOW.  we arent inviting children or allowing random +1 and this is the biggest fear of mine!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_need-late-rsvps-extra-guest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:8ff752a9-4ac6-4d25-b07d-3c22290a9913Post:c759783b-156a-444f-a406-e00f41e8d334">Re: Need Help with Late RSVPs and Extra Guest!!!!!!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need Help with Late RSVPs and Extra Guest!!!!!!!!!! : Thank you so much, I invited 200 guest, and the room can hold 250 comfortably.  The 200 was including the Spouse or +1 guest the invitees would bring. I was thinking of calling them, but I did not know if that was rude. I am glad to know that it is ok to call them and explain.  Unfortunately, we never thought people would RSVP with them +4 on their response...WOW...
    Posted by lexakelley[/QUOTE]

Okay, then you are totally in the right to call up and tell people about the room capacity! :)  Isnt it nice to know that so many love you guys and want to be a part of your day? :)
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Agreed. Since you invited below your capacity, you can call the guests with the extra +1s and kindly apologize but say there isn't room.

• edited December 2011
    Hi,

We put on our reception Card Adult Only 21 and up reception, so the extras are all extra added people they invited to our wedding.  Of course I was so ticked off to see these type of anamolies come in, but at least I don't feel bad about calling the guest back. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't breaking any wedding etiquette :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards