Christian Weddings

Tuesday QOTD

How do you deal with gossip?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tuesday QOTD

• About me?  I tend to ignore it.

About other people?  I try to ignore it as much as possible.  Or to change the conversation to something else.  It's not always possible though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • About me, I ignore it and maybe seethe silently. About other people? I admit, I can gossip and I have to work hard to not do it. I think I'm getting a lot better as I age!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2012
    I think it's increasingly hard to totally avoid gossip, especially in the age of social media. I try to simply because I don't have the time or energy for it, but I do find that I have to vent about what certain people in my life do or say - mostly to DH and my mom - as a way to not let it stew and drive me insane, but that may or may not fall under the umbrella of gossip. 

I generally don't partake in talking about other people, and I generally avoid associating with people who make that a habit.

That said, I am not perfect and I don't always live up to that standard.
  • I try to avoid it.  Which is shockingly difficult when your life revolves around church.  When I hear it among the youth group of even some of the younger kids, I'll call them out on it.  I avoid confrontation with adults like the plague, though, so I usually just avoid those I know are likely to gossip or remove myself from the area if a conversation turns into gossip.
  • i don't know if people gossip about me!  when i get together with my best friends we fille ach other in on what's happening with our old friends or classmates, which is probably gossip...it's usually "so-and-so is pregnant"  "i heard he quit school" and so on.  i'm sure it's not right, but we don't say bad things about people. 
  • I try to ignore it. I view gossip as a sort of complaint which is nont Biblical to do with other people. You are supposed to take it all to God, because God will listen and point out what is really going on. I forget where that is, I think it's in Romans or Luke but I cannot remember. I will look.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • When I was at the first bible college I went too, I called a few people out and it made me not very liked person. Now being married and in seminary, H and I haven't really involved ourselves in student life things so we have managed to stay away from that. In the work place and among friends, If i do say something negative about someone I try to follow up with something very nice. Idk if it's gossip or not but I do try avoid the apperance of it at all costs.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_tuesday-qotd-26?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:8b28b5dc-e326-474f-906d-2a2c7a328151Post:7470d266-1560-4436-969a-104e48e3df2d">Re: Tuesday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it's increasingly hard to totally avoid gossip, especially in the age of social media. I try to simply because I don't have the time or energy for it, but I do find that I have to vent about what certain people in my life do or say - mostly to DH and my mom - as a way to not let it stew and drive me insane, but that may or may not fall under the umbrella of gossip.  I generally don't partake in talking about other people, and I generally avoid associating with people who make that a habit. That said, I am not perfect and I don't always live up to that standard.
    Posted by agape1cor813[/QUOTE]

What you said! There are several people in my classes that sometimes make me want to pull my hair out because of the way they act.  Most of the time I take it to God or talk to my FI when I need some good advice.  He's good at that because he was in management for awhile.
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • About me - I try to ignore.
    About others - As previously mentioned it's hard not to hear/read about it but I avoid adding to it.
  • hate it ... runs the same lines of drama.. if i want drama i will wacth my daytime drama young and the restless or greys anatomy...

Love is All You Need
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards