Hawaii

NWR: Missing FI

I may have mentioned a few times on here that FI and I are currently doing the long distance thing due to visa issues (he's Brtitish, I'm American), but I just had to vent about how much I miss him right now.  It's only been 2 weeks since I've seen him, but I won't see him for another 8 weeks... and the wedding is in 9!!  So I'm having to do  most of the wedding stuff myself, and what we do together, we have to try to do via email or skype.  Add in a 9 hour time difference and it just really blows. I hate living alone and cooking for 1, and I miss having my partner around, even if it's just to open the jar of jam...

Sigh, okay, no more pity party!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NWR: Missing FI

• McBeagsMcBeags member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow that is a long time. Hang in there. We are all thinking of you.
  • breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's a long time, but hopefully it will fly by with the wedding anticipation/activities. We spend a lot of time traveling for our work and we're apart for that long pretty often. It sucks and it's not easy, but at least there's an end in sight :)

<3 thinking of you!
  • AirmanLoveAirmanLove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me and hubby had to do long distance for a long time, and with us both being military we know we will in the future to! Something we started to was our "Jar of Wants." I got a pretty glass jar from the Goodwill and every time I wanted to do something with him and he wasn't there, I wrote it out on a small piece of paper and dropped it in. Then when we are together, we pull one out and use it as a makeup date night!

Just an idea!
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww, you'll make it!!  My FI and I had a long distance relationship for a year, and I think it only made us stronger!  I totally understand where you are coming from - just keep your eye on the prize, 9 weeks!! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear that, its tough being long distance.  My fiance is a Danish citizen, we had to recently do some quick manuevering when we realized that his resident card had expired.  I hope that the rest of the planning goes smoothly for you and that the time goes by quickly so that you can see you fiance.  Good luck! 
  • edited December 2011
    *hugs* It's amazing how no matter how strong the relationship, distance always takes a toll, and the longer between visits, the worse!   I love Airman's Jar of Wants idea...how freaking brilliant!  DH and I did a lot of compensating...starting movies at the same time, going grocery shopping at the same time, etc.  You are certainly not alone!  And your reunion in time for the wedding will be ever more sweet :)
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sucks! You will make it though. The wedding planning will help the time go by and then the two of you will be together.  Just keep focusing on that!
  • TashaK24TashaK24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! We've already made it over a year, so it really is the home stretch, just a few more weeks!  I really like "Jar of wants" idea too, I might have to start doing that :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards