Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Loose Park Rose Garden

Is anyone else planning to have their ceremony or been to a ceremony at the Rose Garden in Loose Park?  I really want it to work out there, but I'm nervous about it because (1) I'm not sure how many people it can accommodate and (2) the chair situation seems like it's going to cost a ton and be really labor-intensive.  Thoughts?

Re: Loose Park Rose Garden

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked into having our ceremony there and was really turned off by all the rules and regulations they have.  I completely understand they want to preseve the beauty of  the garden but I figured that I would just be stressed all day about people breaking rules and having to pay an arm and a leg in damages.

That being said, we are still having our ceremony in a park so I understand what you are saying about the chairs.  I really love the white garden chairs but they are so much more expensive than white folding chairs.  I plan to get the plain folding chairs and dress them up with flowers.  Also, look for a rental company whose price for chairs includes setting up and breaking down.  I know there is a rental co in KC that does this I just can't remember the name right now.  That is the route we are going.  It is saved as a favorite on FI's computer but he isn't here right now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks -- I am also nervous about all the restrictions.  I don't really know where else to go for an outdoor ceremony that is close to downtown KC.  The only other place I've ever heard anyone mention is Powell Gardens and that's too much of a drive the wrong way for most of my guests.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't say any of these are as close to downtown as that, but Shawnee Mission Park is beautiful if you want an outdoor ceremony that has less restrictions. You will still have the chair issue, but I think you could fit plenty of people. Not expensive, either.
  • Options
    Asparagus1Asparagus1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too looked into Loose Park.

I think we may end up having it at a park in Leawood, KS.   A couple of their parks have really pretty rustic shelters that would provide coverage from rain.  Although you can not remove the picnic tables, they will allow you to move them in order to conceal them.
    We are actually going to use the picnic tables for seating.  We only have 25 guests, so I think it will work out okay, it's not the most perfect solution but it will save us some money.   I'll just figure a way to make them look nice. 
    I am going to drap fabric to create a more private area.

Overland Park, KS has a Gazebo by downtown Overland Park.  I think it's very pretty. I believe it holds about 50 people.

Another park is Antoich Park, which has a rose garden.  While it's not super close to downtown KC, the drive isn't bad at all. 

As others have stated Shawnee Mission Park is nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Off topic, but to the OP i would recommend changing your knottie name...with it being ur e-mail any one can get it and e-mail with anything.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea, I didn't really know the ramifications of having that as my sign-on until after I registered for my account. I can't figure out a way to change it though...let me know if you have suggestions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yah the only thing i can suggest is to make a new account...sadly
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards