New Jersey
Options

Affordable NJ wedding venues? under $140 a plate

Hi! I'm recently engaged and would like to narrow down my options for venues possibly for summer 2013, but most likely spring/summer 2014. I've been looking at venues over the internet and you can't find any prices (recent costs)!!

Does anyone have any venue recommendations that are affordable and nice?
1. I want some outdoor area because we would have our ceremony there
2. It has to be under $140 after tax/gratuity for probably summer/spring 2014
3. Will allow a minimum of 90 guests
4. Within 1 hour from Hudson County

I am open to doing a Thursday night but would prefer Friday/Sunday night.
Doolan's Shore Club seems nice and affordable... but would like other options in that price range.

I want to make some appointments but have NO IDEA where to start!

Re: Affordable NJ wedding venues? under $140 a plate

• Options
    The Graycliff is in your price range and has a new outdoor ceremony space.  I know they require 100 on a Saturday night but they may be more flexible on a Friday or Sunday.

PS Doolan's has a very bad rep around here. If you do a search you can read why.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Are you looking more north, south, or west of hudson county for your hour commute or it doesn't matter?  Here are some places that I looked at that are well within your price range, though most of them require a 100 person minumum for Fridays, not to sure about Saturdays.  (We are getting married on a Friday, so all the info we received was for a Friday)

1.  The Rosewood in Edison
    2. The Pines Manor in Edison
    3.  The Bridgewater Manor in Bridgewater
    4.  The Reception Center in Matawan

Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    My venue is in your price range, Ravello's in East Hanover.  They have a very pretty garden area for outdoor ceremonies, with an indoor option just in case of inclement weather.  Highly recommend.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    RMMJSRMMJS member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    You shouldh have no problem with your requirements, especially seeing that you are open to a Thursday night.  Anything is possible as long as you talk to them, you never know until you try with these places.  
    The Manor and Bridewater Manor may be able to work with you. 
  • Options
    Other venues that come to mind- Empire Club and The Tides

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Check out Mayfair Farms - their downstairs room would fit all of your requirements :)
  • Options
    I am getting married at the mill in spring lake.... I went to doolan's in spring lake and was really nice but I didn't care for the ceremony being right outside the motel attached
  • Options
    thanks everyone! I will def check out these recommendations
  • Options
    miclanmiclan member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_affordable-nj-wedding-venues-under-140-a-plate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:a2b3bb51-b780-4ea4-a3e9-6b6964c1fd6fPost:f191418c-1240-47f4-a8c5-92d4f464a506">Re: Affordable NJ wedding venues? under $140 a plate</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check out Mayfair Farms - their downstairs room would fit all of your requirements :)
    Posted by NicoleAnita[/QUOTE]

I am getting married at Mayfair farms in the downstairs room, but they told me the minimum was 125
  • Options
    Lake Valhalla Club (Montville, NJ/Morris County) hits all your marks except your min...but maybe they would be able to work with you?  I know for Saturday night its a 150 min....but I dont know about Saturday afternoon or Sunday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just got married at Orange Lawn Tennis Club in South Orange (dont really know if that falls in your directional reach as I'm not from NJ). The space is lovely: it's a lawn tennis club that was built from an old estate. Our ceremony was out on the beautiful lawn; we had the cocktail hour in the living room/dining room hall area (but they can also do that outside), and the reception was in the lovely banquet room with casement windows overlooking the beautiful grounds. We had ours on a Sunday afternoon and it was just beautiful. It also was in your price range, though we worked with the caterer to get it there and created a menu accordingly (we wanted to come in at 100 pp including tax and grat). HOWEVER, I'm a little on the fence over giving them a hearty recommendation. The food is amazing, and everyone had a fabulous time, and I'm glad we had it there becuase the feel of the place was exactly what I was looking for. But communications with the caterer were very difficult all the way thru -- very difficult to actually reach him or get him to return calls. And then many of the details on the wedding day were overlooked. It was stressful, to say the least. But still a beautiful venue. PM me for more specifics if you're interested.
  • Options
    The actual ballrooms at Doolans are extremely nice and apparently they have good food, however I was absolutely appalled at the service my mother and I received when meeting with them to go over packages and view the venue. We were waltzed right into the middle of a wedding reception to view a room! I felt so uncomfortable! I would not recommend them at all.

The Manor - West Orange, NJ

Pines Manor - Edison, NJ - Awesome food!

Martinsville Inn - Bridgewater, NJ
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards