September 2013 Weddings
Options

Thursday

Happy Almost-the-Weekend day!

I'm home sick with a really bad migraine, so I'll probably just be hanging out on the boards today and doing other wedding-related stuff as I am able. We're still steadily getting in responses from our save the dates, but not as many as I thought we would... 

So happy I get to go pick up my e-ring tomorrow! I have missed it!
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Thursday

• Options
    I've decided to hand out a bunch of our save the dates this weekend.  We have a family party and everyone is invited, so I'm going to pass a few out.  Save on postage and because it's family they don't really care.  I'm going to address the rest tonight.  I think.

I'm going back to my apartment tonight.  Last night was my first night alone (an adventure - see post below) but I didn't get there until really late.  Tonight's my first night going there right after work and being by myself for a few hours before bed.  I'm excited about it!  Going to set up my Internet and maybe do some wedding stuff.  We'll see...

I haven't updated our checklist, but I went through it yesterday and realized just how many checks we have finished at this point!  One more bridesmaid needs to order her dress (she just needs to call in a CC number) and then they can be ordered).  Yay!
  • Options
    Work Work Work for me! After work I am planning on packing some. FSIL is moving to her own appartment tomorrow and we are moving out of ours the end of the month so we have a bunch of stuff we are not going to need so I am going to start to get it together for her tonight. She is going through a seperation and decided to move out of there house. Thing is FMIL lives in the house with FSIL and her soon to be ex husband. So FSIL is moving and leaving soon to be ex husband and my FMIL (her mom) in the house together... Weird and confussing, but I don't know what goes on behing closed doors so I can't really comment much. I feel bad for FMIL because we are really taking care of my mom. We are moving into her house with her and helping pay the bills and fix up the house. eventually she will move out and it will be just ours. But I still feel bad. I even think about just having FMIL come live in the house with us. FI said NO way one mom is enough. Maybe we can help her with an appartment or something.. IDK just feeling bad.

FSIL's situation is proving hard because she is my BM (Just MOH and her) and she is being difficult weather conciously or not. I work with social workers and therapist and they all said she is prob feeling some sort of way since she is going through a failed marriage and has to try and support her brother and me with our new marriage.

Anyway that is what is on my mind lately. I had some weird dreams last night. I don't dream alot so its normally wierd for me to have them. I'm not sure what they were even about I just remember them feeling weird. But yay for 6 months till the big day!
    ***March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Happy Thursday!  I've been MIA but getting a ton of stuff finished.

I printed off all the invitation pieces and have been cutting them down a little each night so I don't get burnt out.  My first attempt with the cutting mat was...interesting, but once I got into a flow, it was all good!  I need to return some of the stuff ordered from Cards & Pockets because my printer would just not work with the pre-cut paper; no biggie since Michael's has paper on sale this week and I got MORE than I needed for a mere $10!  Cutting burlap tonight since FSIL and I are spending the weekend at the beach and visiting the venue, and I want to make sure my vision for table runners (length-wise) meshes with the room.  Started on the bridesmaids hangers again, and narrowed down fonts for the dad's glasses.

I can't wait to get out of work to get back at it!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

No work today for me. Yay! I'll mainly be catching up on some things around the house. Thinking I might stop into some bridal salons today and start looking at dresses. But I'm not expecting much since I don't have appointments anywhere.
    I think FI and I have picked a color scheme which is nice. A lot of neutral/nature tones since we'll be outdoors and I'm feeling the burlap craze too ;)
    Still need to hash out wedding party stuff. I would love for my BFF to be my MOH but I really won't know for awhile since she's in FL and I'm up here. And my sis likely won't be able to come either. One of my FSIL seems excited and wants to be in the wedding, so there is one person! LOL. Haven't really discussed it w/ the other :/ I have literally NO close ladies up here. It kinda sucks :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards