Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Receiving line - How long does it take?

Some of the guests indicated that they'd attend only the ceremony, so I wanted to do a receiving line. But then, I was thinking about how long it would take. We will have about 100 guests at the ceremony. How long would it take to do a receiving line? I will probably only have my FI, I, and our parents in the line. Reception is also at the same place, and I don't want guests to wait more than 45 minutes to start the reception. I'll need to do family portrait (~20 minutes) between the ceremony and reception, so I was wondering....
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Receiving line - How long does it take?

• 100 people shouldn't take too long. Some people might want to chat you up, but others might bypass completely. Personally, I always hurry through to line and make a beeline for the restroom lol.
  • I agree I don't think it should take to long. If I'm going to the reception I often skip the receiving line at the ceremony anyway because I know I will be able to congratulate the couple then and spend a little more time doing so. The last wedding I went to had about 50 people and I would say it didn't last longer than about 10 minutes or so.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards