Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Southeastern Caterers with Event Coordinators (Affordable)

Hi Everyone!

I'm planning my wedding for Fall 2013 in Hanson, MA and recently started looking for Caterers.  I'm on a tight budget and am hoping to find a Full Service Caterer that will charge $60 or less per person (including staff charges) for a seated dinner including linen, china, and glassware/silverware rentals.  It's also important that our Caterer offer a Day of Coordinator to help us with the other Vendors, set-up/breakdown the wedding, and tell us when to do things since our Venue is just a Venue. 

Please help!  Is this even possible on my budget?  I've spoken to Morin's and their lowest package is still above my price range...

Re: Southeastern Caterers with Event Coordinators (Affordable)

• Options
    I think you are going to have a hard time. Go on peterson's party center and calculate the cost of renting all of the items you will need. Don't forget service items like salt and pepper, bread baskets etc. we have recieved many quotes from caterers. Usually the cost of staffing and rentals was equal to the food cost -about 50% of the total. That would not leave you a great deal for food. In fact for a simple buffet brunch menu I did after a wedding i was quoted 25 for food. Be creative. Go green and use bamboo plates and silverware that are disposable. Use mismatched dishes bought at godwill. Do a buffet to cut down on labor costs. Buy your linens on line and then reselll later. Also be careful about what you serve. Chose appetisers that don't require silverware or plates. Don't do a cake- it is labor intensive to serve and requires more plates and forks.
  • Options
    I am getting married in pembroke next June and we are using fasanos catering out of Braintree. They are amazing. Great food for great pricing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards