June 2014 Weddings
Options

Extremely late....QOTW

Are you buying things ahead of time for the weddings/future homes?
-----------------------------
I'm not for the wedding, but I am for the home :)
FI bought me a Hope Chest last Christmas. He and my dad made a project out of it and fixed it up real nice (It was in terrible condition lol). My mom, grandma, sister, and some friends have been buying random items that I would most likely not get at a shower but if I did, duplicates are welcome (like sheets, towels, dishes, etc.). I have bought some decorating items as people in my circle don't buy those for showers. It's fun and exciting :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Extremely late....QOTW

• Options

I have stuff from college that is already going to probably be considered decorations such as picture frames and stuff.  I'm not really going to buy anything until it comes time because with my family there is no telling what I'll be gifted.  For example my grandpa was having an estate sale before he moved and gave me and my sister both sets of china. 

Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    HTR10HTR10 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Not right now for either. Although once I officially decide on my colors I may buy some things for the wedding. 

Both FI and I have stuff we need for both of our places already and my townhouse is decorated nicely so I am trying hard to refrain from buying anything at all. We are already going to have to purge since most of the stuff we will be registering for will essentially be upgrades on what we already have...

Honestly we won't have much of anything to register for unless we decide to buy/build a house before/right after the wedding, which is TBD. 
  • Options
    We already live together and have our home already set up so there's not really anything to buy for that.  We don't need anything so I wasn't even going to register. I will be buying things for the wedding starting soon because we are paying for the whole wedding ourselves and I would like to spread that out as much as possible.  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have bought a wedding arch and tulle from a local buy, sell, trade facebook group site. They were selling for cheap and I knew I was going to need it. I figure, since we have two years, buying things a little bit at a time won't hurt us in the end. So if I see something for a good deal I'll probably pick it up!
    As for decor for the home, we already live together so a lot is already done, but I know when we start looking to buy I will be coming up with better ideas. It's so hard to do a lot when renting!
    Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours. - The Immortal Beloved Letters, Ludwig van Beethoven Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    We already have a lot of stuff for our home because I inherited some things when my grandmother passed away. I also have things from college as well. As far as things go for the wedding we have slowly started getting basic things if it's a cheap price and storing them. We already have glass centerpieces for the shower because my mom knew someone who was only asking ten dollars for them. And other an that I am trying to get chair covers at a low price.
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We live together so the house is pretty stocked. I have been getting odds and ends for the wedding like flip flops in our colours, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards