Flowers
Options

oval table centerpieces

I need some ideas for centerpieces for oval tables that seat 8-10.  I'm planning flowers (hydrangeas) and candles but I'm not sure how to actually set them up on an oval table.  Any suggestions or pics would be great!  TIA

Re: oval table centerpieces

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok - oval tables... so will you seat 4 on each side... (for table of 8) so leaving almost a "runner" space down the middle of the table... And tables of 10 will be 4 on each side and 2 on ends... which will close in the sides making an long oval area to work with over the "runner".... google oval wedding table setups... good ideas and pictures.... I love having height/depth/dimension... and going with a oval shape... I would recommend using opposite on vases... would go with squares... different heights... your tea lights will be round... also did you think about incorp a table runner ... to add color and texture ... you go with a color of your choice table runner... topped with round charge plates... or round mirrors... topped with square vases... with bunches of white hydrangeas... and scattered tea lights... keep it very long... (runner style ... )running down the length of the table.... Hope this helps a bit.  Everyone is so helpful - I'm sure you're going to get a million more ideas.. Congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're doing a single arrangement, I would think a low oval-shaped arrangement would be nice. The base could be a small oval platter or something like a sauce boat (shallow and thin, but long) with the hydrangeas sort of tumbling out. Or you could do a trio of square or round vases with a single sprig in each one and the candles all around... I think there are several options.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards