Pennsylvania-Central
Options

York venues

Ladies, could use your expertise. :) 

My friend is starting the planning process for a York wedding. I'm in Williamsport, so I know pretty much nothing about the York area. Can you guys give me some recommendations? She's looking for a venue that can accommodate both the ceremony AND reception for about 75 guests. 

Thanks so much!! 
image image
Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12

Re: York venues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The Yorktowne hotel can do both - they offer the ceremony in their mirror room for around $250 (I think) and the reception in the ballroom.  I'm having my wedding there with around 90 people. Your friend can choose to do a seated meal or buffet, and they are flexible with adding/subtracting things from packages to make the budget work.

Other places I know of are..... Heritage Hills (it was too pricey for me), and Valencia ballroom.
  • Options
    mamie329mamie329 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    tba, thanks so much! I'll definitely pass this on to her. 

Keep the recs coming! 
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Brand new golf course-- Royal Manchester Golf Links-- we're using it... it's gorgeous!!

Also... Stone Mill Inn, Valencia Ballroom, Yorktowne Hotel, Heritage Hills, Ski Roundtop, Lauxmont Farms

Stone Mill is in Hellam but it's GORGEOUS!!!  Our party was too big, but it would fit 75 very easily!
  • Options
    mincepiemincepie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yorktowne hotel is a great location
  • Options
    mamie329mamie329 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome. Thanks, all!! 
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i agree with PP, out of what they said my top rec's would be ski roundtop, heritage hills, and valencia ballroom. we considered all three.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All of the venues discussed are good. I know that my fiance and us looked at a few including Out Door Country Club. We didn't realize it was available to those who are not members. We met there with their coordinator...(i think her name is Carla) and we were incredibly impressed with their prices. Ballroom is very nice. We are thinking about 130 people so it works out pretty well in their room. Their site is (ummmm checking for it) www.odcc.com

SMI is a great location. Checked there and I agree that Heritage Hills is very pricey for what you get
  • Options
    JB26368JB26368 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having our ceremony and reception at Heritage Hills. I highly recommend it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards