California-Los Angeles
Options

Blocking Hotel Rooms

First, a disclaimer: I'm not reeaalllly asking for potential hotels to block, just asking a question about logistics.

So, my FI and I live in Van Nuys (the Valley), and our venue is in West Hills (also the Valley, but about 25 minutes away. Near Canoga Park.) We have a lot of out-of-towners, especially on my FI's side.

My question is, do we block off only rooms in West Hills? We're not going to be working the whole week before our wedding, and are planning on spending time with the out-of-towners who come a few days early (most of them will be, since LA is a major vacation for Cleveland folks.) So, then, I'm wondering if we shouldn't just find space at hotels closer to our home (Van Nuys, Sherman Oaks, even Studio City,) so that we can carpool/coordinate outings more easily. Or, do we do both?

PLEASE HELP!
XOXOX Christine

Re: Blocking Hotel Rooms

• Options
    I would block off rooms closer to the venue to make it easier on the guests the day of the wedding. That is what we did. You are not talking about a great distance regardless.

Depending on how many guests you have, you could block rooms at more than one hotel and then let them choose. We had a small wedding, so we just did one.
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I agree with Mellie, block the rooms closer to your venue.  It might be a little inconvenient for you and your FI leading up to your wedding but it would be more of an inconvenience to your guests if they all have to try and navigate the freeway to your wedding.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards