Florida-South Florida

Advice please! Looking for a Fort Lauderdale Beach location

My Fiance & I are from NYC; and are probably going to pick Fort Lauderdale as our 'US DW site"  We're ideally only looking to have 25-30 guests tops.  Really want to find a restaurant overlooking the beach that we can have our reception/dinner.  Doesn't need to be a formal banquet hall-just a nice resaurant we can have a delish dinner in (preferably a private room; or location sectioned off since we'll all be dressed up.

Since i'm planning from NY-we want to have a few places picked out; and then go down and make a final decision.

Thanks!!

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Advice please! Looking for a Fort Lauderdale Beach location

• edited December 2011
    I am getting married in Fort Lauderdale on the intracoastal and transporting guests on a water taxi to downtown (Himmarshee area) for an after party.  What is your approximate budget for the food/venue?  That will help narrow it down. 
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know how much it is of if they have a restaurant area for what you need but the Marriott Marina is REALLY nice, Ive seen pictures of it and it looks like a great place to have a wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_advice-please-looking-fort-lauderdale-beach-location?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:7b20bd29-f4dc-4bcc-9c0c-946c0f7145ffPost:56f6155b-b1fe-4248-a963-c140b2e92126">Re: Advice please! Looking for a Fort Lauderdale Beach location</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am getting married in Fort Lauderdale on the intracoastal and transporting guests on a water taxi to downtown (Himmarshee area) for an after party.  What is your approximate budget for the food/venue?  That will help narrow it down. 
    Posted by ARose29[/QUOTE]

We'd like to keep our food costs (incl bar) under $125 per person.  I have no problem doing a ceremony in one place; and then transporting guests somewhere else. 

We liked the menus offered at Maggiano's in Boca Raton; but there's no water views...
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_advice-please-looking-fort-lauderdale-beach-location?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:7b20bd29-f4dc-4bcc-9c0c-946c0f7145ffPost:baa3ad3b-fbfb-4920-bcd8-7dcfb5179116">Re: Advice please! Looking for a Fort Lauderdale Beach location</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know how much it is of if they have a restaurant area for what you need but the Marriott Marina is REALLY nice, Ive seen pictures of it and it looks like a great place to have a wedding!
    Posted by marnie80[/QUOTE]

I'm looking on google-can't find the marriot marina; but i see the hilton marina-is that the one?
  • edited December 2011
    My venue is the Hilton Marina, but the ballrooms do not have a direct water view.  The restaurant, China Grill, is on the water there. 

You may want to contact and negotiate with:
    Pelican Grand Beach Resort (http://www.pelicanbeach.com/index.html)
    Atlantic Hotel (http://www.atlantichotelfl.com/)

There are a few more like the W, Hilton Beach, and Westin but those are over your budget.  It may not hurt to call and see if you can negotiate with them though. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your suggestions! I've been in touch with the Atlantic Hotel-their BM is out until next Monday; so i just have to wait to here back from her.
  • edited December 2011
    oops Yes Hilton Marina not Marriott =)

Good Luck with your search!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards