Georgia-Atlanta

Wedding Committment Dinner vs Courthouse?! ADVICE NEEDED!!

We are in the panic-like brainstorming stage as my fiance and I are marring this Oct 9th (2nd marriage each) ... We have 4 kids, ages 10-15... Aside from the 6 of us, there are only 4-10 other close friends and family who would like to celebrate with us.

Interestingly, even though our party size is 10-15, there are about 5 who are great musicians in a successful Americana style band and they are willing to play for us, even this small... or just to arrange a few songs around a ceremony.

So, we've got 10-15, including 4 tweens, and possibly a band! ...we need a venue!!

We've thought about everything from a subdivision clubhouse to the a park to the top of Amicalola falls... and ultimately,I thing something more classy, in-town, and along the lines of a reception dinner/private party room would be nice. None of us are drinkers, and we have a very modest budget of about $50/person or $500 total, which we would like to cover the location, and maybe some food or snacks...

We would almost like to have a 'mini' ceremony or an exchange of vows around a dinner table. My father has agreed to officiate... ... but the trouble is we can't quite find the venue or imagine the best scenario to fully wrap our minds around this idea. (it doesn't even have to include the band) ...

That's about as far as our ideas have gotten us... If we can't nail something down, we might just pick a nice restaurant and have a nice dinner and do the courthouse the next day, but it seems like a way to bring the ceremony to a dinner-like setting and still have the dinner have a little more fun and meaning for everyone.

In short, we need a location! ... or if you have any thoughts or ideas about our plans, please let me know! .... We live in the Roswell/Alpharetta area, but can travel...

Thank you so much for your time and help in the spread of happiness and love!

Smile
K. Britt

Re: Wedding Committment Dinner vs Courthouse?! ADVICE NEEDED!!

• edited December 2011

Lot's of places have private rooms that might work. I think Canoe and/or Bones does....I know Ray's on the River has an outdoor tent that I've seen private parties having events in.

• pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Would you want to maybe stay overnight somewhere? I know a great place up in the N.GA mountains. 

They are known for their family style dining. It's not a buffet, but a waitress brings out large plates full of food that everyone shares, so it would have the kind of feel you're looking for. Just a thought : )
  • chrissyinatlchrissyinatl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My friend recently did a very nice dinner and small ceremony in a private room at SUGOS restaurant in Johns Creek.  He had about 20 people and we fit perfectly in the space.  He did a quick ceremony and we were all off to eating dinner and drinking wine.  :) 

2nd marriage for both of them also.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards