July 2012 Weddings

WTF People. Yet another RSVP rant

Ok so We could not afford to invite people with a guest. We also did not invite children. I feel bad about it but we just can't afford it. Well out of our 175 person guest list not one, not two, but now 7 people have RSVP's with extra people! All of them are on my FI's side of the list. The first one we let slide since he is coming from Florida and we didnt want him to travel alone. But now its just piling on. We have a ton of space but no money. FI's sisters were saying they would not come without a guest! Finally we said, "If you care that much pay us $80 (cost of a plate) and you can come". And all but one of them are actually doing it! I feel so bad but come on people. Then today I got another one. This is a couple, who clearly added their child. Now I have to call FMIL so she can call them. Only this is one of the family members who no one can get a hold of (it took months to get addresses). There are no children invited and Im not making an esception. Why is it impossible for these people to read and envelope? And how is a random date more important that your own brother?

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: WTF People. Yet another RSVP rant

• Yup, I had that three times...we invited some of FI's friends solo because they do not have a serious girlfriend and are unmarried...yet, for some reason they all RSVP-ed +guest...how rude!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ugh annoying! We only have had 1 thank goodness. It was my FIL's business partner and they added their 3 grown children! (who are 18, 20 and I think 16) Worst part is that they did the same thing for FMIL's birthday party and then not one of them showed to the party!!! So insanely rude!!!! I heard they are also super cheap and frugal with their money and if someone did that to them when plates are $200/person, they would no way in hell let people bring people to their parties
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm actually not entirely certain we had any additions, but my mom could have just handled it herself without telling me (she's getting the RSVPs). People are so stupid! I will never understand how people think this type of behavior is ok.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's because they have NO IDEA how expensive a wedding costs but when they get married and they go through it, hopefully they will be embarrassed because of their past actions...and for the others, they are just fools! LOL...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I haven't gotten the RSVPs from these people, but I know I'm at least having 1 extra person off one invitation and 3 off another.  They've both talked to FMIL about it.  FMIL was at least nice enough to ask me about the one inviting 3 extras before she responded...and offered to pay for some of the many people she added to our guest list.  Luckily, it's just $15 a person.

I guess since our wedding has already gotten so much bigger than I had imagined and our per person expense is cheap, I'm not worried about the extra people at all.  Out of control wedding -  the more the merrier I guess!
  • We've had that issue. My fiance's family is the same way. His uncles family had 5 seats allotted to the members of that family. He RSVP for 10. Seriously his aunt RSVP for her two sons fiance's children from other relationships people we have never heard of. I made him call it's nuts
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards