Maine
Options

fuchsia pillar candles

We are looking for fuchsia pillar candles for our centerpieces.  Does anyone know where we can find inexpensive ones?  I asked on the budget board, but since we're getting married in Maine (in Ellsworth - near Bar Harbor and Bangor), I thought you girls might have some local ideas.

Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: fuchsia pillar candles

• Options
    jena.n.rossjena.n.ross member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depends on what "inexpensive" means to you.  

Doing a google shopping search I found:

$26 (4"x12")
    $19 (3"x18")
    $6 (3"x9") and $15 (3"x15") - same website
    So on and so forth, the best prices seem to be at this website.

It would probably be cheaper to find plain pillars (wood, metal, etc), and painting it fuchsia and topping with a smaller/shorter fuchsia candle.  

Or buying plain pillar candles, and wrapping them with fuchsia ribbon/fabric.

These were done with scrapbooking paper (be sure to start the paper far down enough that it won't burn):

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You got already in Ellsworth right? Try Mardens, they have so much stuff they might have some there. It should now be in the old Walmart, sorry I havent been up there since New Years.
    I am gettign married in Ellsworth too :D But mine is still a year away.
    Wheren't you the bride who tried the yard guard or somehting like that for your wedding? I would love to hear how that worked out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls.  Jena, I like the looks of those ones wrapped in scrapbooking paper!  We considered that but in the end found some fuchsia ones for $4.79, which seemed decent enough.

Anna, we we went to the new Mardens when we were in Maine last month - it was huge!  We got a ton of things for the wedding - I think more there than anywhere else.  We didn't try yard guard, because my sister and her husband (who's yard we're getting married in) grow lots of food in their garden, and have chickens and a dog and kids.  They weren't completely comfortable with us putting chemicals on their lawn.  So we decided to try natural - Dr T's Mosquito and Gnat Scat.  My fiance - who spent the most time outside working on the yard/meadow - thought it definitely made a big difference.  I wasn't out enough to tell, so I'm going to have them try it again.  I'll post what I think about it.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahahah Mardens is awesome. I can't wait to head up to Maine in August and go shopping :P
    I would LOVE to hear from you after the wedding how everything went and how the yard stuff worked. Did you rent a tent?
    I hope you will have the most beautyfull wedding day and you must be already so excited!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  It's getting so close!  I'll share more details as we get closer, and I'll give an update afterwards on how it all went.  I'm sure I'll be in wedding withdrawl and need to spend more time on the knot :)  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards