Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Finally - Vendor Reviews!

It's been awhile since I have been on here- but I think vendor reviews are super important!

So here I go:

Reception: Rosemount Steeple Center  A
I loved our reception!  It was beautiful.   This location works great for up to 170, I wouldn't try to  flip it, and  I wouldn't use for a summer reception as no AC currenlty.  They were a dream to work with.  There are definately things you need to work around, but if it fits your guest list its great!

Photography - Moments by Kelly Marie  C
This is a hard one - we found her on craigslist, but we had heard some good things from other knotties.  The photos were great, but she showed up in a nasty tshirt and a pink sweatshirt skirt.  No joke.  I was appalled and iI thought my dad was going to die!

Classic Catering A+
Food was great!!  Inexpesive and we got a ton of it!  The service was amazing.  Very impressed.

Photo Booth - Shindig Photo Booths  A++ 
Seriously my favorite splurge of the wedding!!  Small company but AWESOME!  Longer line here than at the open bar :)  Loved it!!  I would definately splurge the extra $400.00 again anyday!

Bar catering:  Babe's Bar and Grill  A+
Skylar was great to work with and they had the best prices I could find. 

We did flowers and cake ourselves.  We served sheet cakes and a few months before we did a  blind cake tasting party.  We purchased small cakes from several places and our friends and family voted on the cakes they liked best.  Cub foods won out of Target, Walmart/Sam's Club, Rainbow/Byerly's.   We purchased most of our flowers fresh from the Minneapolis flower market.  Also, from Koehler and Drahm.

Linens:  linentablecloth.com  A+
We purchased all the linens for the same cost of renting.  They were all VERY nice.

I am sure I am forgetting something, but this hopefully will help some brides out there!  I know they helped me when I was planning!

Re: Finally - Vendor Reviews!

• sbreuersbreuer member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I forgot a few -

Suit Purchases and rentals - Haberdashery A+
    Great prices even better service!  I loved that they would switch out anything that didn't fit perfectly on our big day.  I have seen too many tuxs that fit horribly to go through a huge chain.  We worked with Anthony the owner.  They did a great Job!

Wedding Dress  & Bridesmaid Dresses -  Weddings by Tess  A++
    I love Tess... PERIOD!   She had great customer service all the way through.  She is also an amazing seamstress  - She had to bring my dress in  7 inches because I loss so much weight.  It looked amazing!!!
  • aabrahams7aabrahams7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok..now I am freaking out.. we booked with Kelly Marie also, and have been on the fence about booking someone else because I am starting to get a weird vibe and why would I pay all of this money on my wedding and HATE the pictures, just to save a little money. Now you really have me thinking... did you mention to her that her attire was innappropriate or did she say anything about it?
  • colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the reviews! Always helpfull, too bad about the photographers attire, thankfully the pictures turned out well.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews!  Can't believe that about the photog!  Very interested to see your answer to aabrahams question...
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting this!
  • sbreuersbreuer member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_finally-vendor-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:96f166e8-0b8d-4480-a1c7-1d664c80559fPost:5169b6d7-4cbd-4277-8f6b-a07172e07118">Re: Finally - Vendor Reviews!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok..now I am freaking out.. we booked with Kelly Marie also, and have been on the fence about booking someone else because I am starting to get a weird vibe and why would I pay all of this money on my wedding and HATE the pictures, just to save a little money. Now you really have me thinking... did you mention to her that her attire was innappropriate or did she say anything about it?
    Posted by aabrahams7[/QUOTE]

We didn't say anything at the wedding because her personality is kinda brash, so I was afraid I would end up with horrible pictures and that would have made things even worse.  I would say a few things if you stay with her:

1.  You need to make it 100% clear before the wedding of what you expect of her attire.  We booked her 9 months before our wedding but since we found her on craigslist I had a million things to drill her on before I gave her our money.  I KNOW I asked her about her attire during this meeting. My hubby also confirmed I asked.

2. Be very clear on your photo list, she kept telling me a list would reck her vibe because she had done so many weddings that she knew exactly what to do.  The one photo I really wish we would have got was the photo of our hands with the rings.  But, I guess this really is the only main one we missed out on.

3. She has trouble with shadows - I was dissapointed with a lot of the outdoor pictures, but my hubby was able to photoshop alot of things. 

Would I book her again?   Probably not.  I had the same reservations right before my wedding, thinking the EXACT same things.   If I would go back I would want someone  for the entire day from getting ready to the end.  But then I think, man we payed hardly anything for her and our pictures were great.  Was her attire worth an additional $1500 for another photographer? 

I will say that my family seemed to really like the photos, so I may just be ubber picky.   I will try and get them up on my google account so you can see them all.

I hope this helps make your decision!  Good luck!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you don't mind, I would LOVE to see your photos... FI and I were discussing last night about switching photogs but then we have to pull $$ from another part of our budget, which, with 2 months to go, is difficult. Especially because they aren't cheap and everything things is either paid off or close to being paid off. Uggggggh. So frustrating.
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations and thanks for the reviews!
    BFP #3 July 2012 = EDD 4/1/2013
    BFP #2 May 2012 = loss at 4w3d
    BFP #1 January 2003 = 9 year old son

imageimage
    ? My BFP Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • sbreuersbreuer member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_finally-vendor-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:96f166e8-0b8d-4480-a1c7-1d664c80559fPost:662c137f-add2-4f04-b485-29befb531a1f">Re: Finally - Vendor Reviews!</a>:
    [QUOTE]if you don't mind, I would LOVE to see your photos... FI and I were discussing last night about switching photogs but then we have to pull $$ from another part of our budget, which, with 2 months to go, is difficult. Especially because they aren't cheap and everything things is either paid off or close to being paid off. Uggggggh. So frustrating.
    Posted by aabrahams7[/QUOTE]

I have to work all night, but will ask my hubby to do this for you, otherwise I can burn a disc and mail them too.

I will let you know!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards