Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Finally - Vendor Reviews!

It's been awhile since I have been on here- but I think vendor reviews are super important!

So here I go:

Reception: Rosemount Steeple Center  A
I loved our reception!  It was beautiful.   This location works great for up to 170, I wouldn't try to  flip it, and  I wouldn't use for a summer reception as no AC currenlty.  They were a dream to work with.  There are definately things you need to work around, but if it fits your guest list its great!

Photography - Moments by Kelly Marie  C
This is a hard one - we found her on craigslist, but we had heard some good things from other knotties.  The photos were great, but she showed up in a nasty tshirt and a pink sweatshirt skirt.  No joke.  I was appalled and iI thought my dad was going to die!

Classic Catering A+
Food was great!!  Inexpesive and we got a ton of it!  The service was amazing.  Very impressed.

Photo Booth - Shindig Photo Booths  A++ 
Seriously my favorite splurge of the wedding!!  Small company but AWESOME!  Longer line here than at the open bar :)  Loved it!!  I would definately splurge the extra $400.00 again anyday!

Bar catering:  Babe's Bar and Grill  A+
Skylar was great to work with and they had the best prices I could find. 

We did flowers and cake ourselves.  We served sheet cakes and a few months before we did a  blind cake tasting party.  We purchased small cakes from several places and our friends and family voted on the cakes they liked best.  Cub foods won out of Target, Walmart/Sam's Club, Rainbow/Byerly's.   We purchased most of our flowers fresh from the Minneapolis flower market.  Also, from Koehler and Drahm.

Linens:  linentablecloth.com  A+
We purchased all the linens for the same cost of renting.  They were all VERY nice.

I am sure I am forgetting something, but this hopefully will help some brides out there!  I know they helped me when I was planning!

Re: Finally - Vendor Reviews!

• sbreuersbreuer
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I forgot a few -

Suit Purchases and rentals - Haberdashery A+
    Great prices even better service!  I loved that they would switch out anything that didn't fit perfectly on our big day.  I have seen too many tuxs that fit horribly to go through a huge chain.  We worked with Anthony the owner.  They did a great Job!

Wedding Dress  & Bridesmaid Dresses -  Weddings by Tess  A++
    I love Tess... PERIOD!   She had great customer service all the way through.  She is also an amazing seamstress  - She had to bring my dress in  7 inches because I loss so much weight.  It looked amazing!!!
  • aabrahams7aabrahams7
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Ok..now I am freaking out.. we booked with Kelly Marie also, and have been on the fence about booking someone else because I am starting to get a weird vibe and why would I pay all of this money on my wedding and HATE the pictures, just to save a little money. Now you really have me thinking... did you mention to her that her attire was innappropriate or did she say anything about it?
  • colstj1colstj1
    2500 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the reviews! Always helpfull, too bad about the photographers attire, thankfully the pictures turned out well.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews!  Can't believe that about the photog!  Very interested to see your answer to aabrahams question...

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting this!
  • sbreuersbreuer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Finally - Vendor Reviews!:
    Ok..now I am freaking out.. we booked with Kelly Marie also, and have been on the fence about booking someone else because I am starting to get a weird vibe and why would I pay all of this money on my wedding and HATE the pictures, just to save a little money. Now you really have me thinking... did you mention to her that her attire was innappropriate or did she say anything about it?
    Posted by aabrahams7

We didn't say anything at the wedding because her personality is kinda brash, so I was afraid I would end up with horrible pictures and that would have made things even worse.  I would say a few things if you stay with her:

1.  You need to make it 100% clear before the wedding of what you expect of her attire.  We booked her 9 months before our wedding but since we found her on craigslist I had a million things to drill her on before I gave her our money.  I KNOW I asked her about her attire during this meeting. My hubby also confirmed I asked.

2. Be very clear on your photo list, she kept telling me a list would reck her vibe because she had done so many weddings that she knew exactly what to do.  The one photo I really wish we would have got was the photo of our hands with the rings.  But, I guess this really is the only main one we missed out on.

3. She has trouble with shadows - I was dissapointed with a lot of the outdoor pictures, but my hubby was able to photoshop alot of things. 

Would I book her again?   Probably not.  I had the same reservations right before my wedding, thinking the EXACT same things.   If I would go back I would want someone  for the entire day from getting ready to the end.  But then I think, man we payed hardly anything for her and our pictures were great.  Was her attire worth an additional $1500 for another photographer? 

I will say that my family seemed to really like the photos, so I may just be ubber picky.   I will try and get them up on my google account so you can see them all.

I hope this helps make your decision!  Good luck!
  • aabrahams7aabrahams7
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    if you don't mind, I would LOVE to see your photos... FI and I were discussing last night about switching photogs but then we have to pull $$ from another part of our budget, which, with 2 months to go, is difficult. Especially because they aren't cheap and everything things is either paid off or close to being paid off. Uggggggh. So frustrating.
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations and thanks for the reviews!
    BFP #3 July 2012 = EDD 4/1/2013
    BFP #2 May 2012 = loss at 4w3d
    BFP #1 January 2003 = 9 year old son

image image
    ? My BFP Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • sbreuersbreuer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Finally - Vendor Reviews!:
    if you don't mind, I would LOVE to see your photos... FI and I were discussing last night about switching photogs but then we have to pull $$ from another part of our budget, which, with 2 months to go, is difficult. Especially because they aren't cheap and everything things is either paid off or close to being paid off. Uggggggh. So frustrating.
    Posted by aabrahams7

I have to work all night, but will ask my hubby to do this for you, otherwise I can burn a disc and mail them too.

I will let you know!
  • aabrahams7aabrahams7
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards