New York-New York City
Options

Quick Ceremony NYC - Help w/Officiants?

My fiance and I are from Virginia. We have been waiting for the right moment to more-or-less spontaneously plan our wedding ceremony. A work trip has landed us in NYC on a date that we also happen to find special. It will just include he and I and our two young children. We have our reasons (wedding is about us and not others, want it to be private and memorable, don't want stress and don't want to have to think about entertaining others, our vows are only for us to hear etcetcetc).

We have figured out the license issues and now have to find an officiant. It's overwhelming! There are sooo many, and they all charge an arm and leg because they assume you are booking them for the day. We will only need someone for a few minutes! In Central Park by the way, a little spot that holds a special memory. We don't need to meet the officiant beforehand, in fact that would very difficult as we're only going to be in NYC for 2 days. We would just like someone to meet at the park. Because our situation is unique, I thought I might post about it to see if anyone has done something similar, knows anyone, or has any ideas at all. Hopefully it can save me calling 1,000 different officiants. We are laid-back, friendly, happy, love meeting cool people, and we hope for a similar officiant to make our day special. Again, we only need someone for like 15 minutes! That shouldn't cost $300 right?! :)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Re: Quick Ceremony NYC - Help w/Officiants?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards