Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Inexpensive all-in-one venues?

I am a bride trying to find an inexpensive venue (less than $1,000 without food or less than $4,000 with food) in the Dallas/Plano area that will hold up to 300. I am trying to plan from Tulsa and am hoping some 'locals' may be able to assist since I am having no luck. I am even open to ceremony and reception in one room at round tables. Funky and fun are totally ok and ANY ideas are greatly appreciated :) 

Re: Inexpensive all-in-one venues?

• Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't think of much that would allow that many people to come for the $4000 budget... but maybe try some churches or state parks.  I know the Fort Worth area better, so I would suggest the Bontanical Gardens.  I would also opt for hor'dourves rather than a full meal.
  • Options
    lesalyriclesalyric member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

This is in Fort Worth (since you said ANY ideas...)  :)

Stockyards Station has rooms that hold anywhere from 100-800 people. The Cowboy Hall of Fame holds 300 seated. I remember thinking they weren't very expensive when we looked into them. If you email the event coordinator she should get back to you pretty quickly.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I don't know of any places that hold that many people that will have the facilty rental and food costs for under $4,000.  I wish I would be more help.

But if you really look at the math of it, you want to rent a facility for $1,000 and then leave $3,000 for food so for 300 people that is $10 a person for food.  I don't know if you can find anything for that low.  Also do you want this $4,000 to include tables, chairs, linens, plate settings ,etc..  I guess, and I'm sorry to say this, but that number doesn't seem too realistic with the number of guests you are having.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well I already found more than one place to cater for less than $10/person and that is my frustration for facilities requiring my catering through the facility. Also, I found a community center that is perfect and only $300 for two days but sadly, it is booked. I just know the places exist and I just don't know about them because I'm not familiar with the area. Thanks to all who are trying to help! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You may need to search places like senior centers, too.  I'm just not sure if they'll be able to hold 300 people.  My sister had her wedding (though, it was like 11 years ago) at the Denton Senior Center.  She brought in everything herself though....I remember the folding tables were provided and we made table clothes out of bedsheets.  We bought centerpiece vases from Gardenridge and we put fake flowers in them.  She got her cake through a lady that works out of her home.  It's doable if you find the right people and are ready to DIY most everything.

Senior Centers to check into:
    Denton
    Richardson
    Plano

Also, check out Denison.  They've got this building out by Grand Pappy Point at Lake Texoma that's huge and would be awesome.  I'm just not sure how much it costs, nor how to get in touch with anyone who would know anything about renting the facility.  You could search for it by calling The Point Restaurant or just google Grand Pappy Point Marina and see if you can find anyone who know's what I'm talking about. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well crap, I just re-read your post and Texoma may be a little too far....
  • Options
    danielle16_17danielle16_17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you could cut down your guest list by 50 people you could do it at Myer Park- The landing in mckinney- you bring your own food and drinks- they provide table,chairs, and sound system

http://www.co.collin.tx.us/parks/myers/wedding_package.jsp

also check Plano Center, Celebrations in Lewisville

try kayo-s baquet hall in lewisville
    www.kayosmexicanrestaurant.com/&dq=restaurant&near=Texas+121+Business+%26+E+Main+St,+Lewisville,+TX+75057&geocode=CTYYQ3BjTv2jFWsy-AEdHzA4-imvcg88Py5MhjEBXbDwhWlLRw&vps=2&f=li&gl=us&hl=en&jsv=230b&sll=33.043328,-96.979666&sspn=0.001176,0.001628&ie=UTF8&cd=1&output=js&mpnum=1001&oi=miw&sa=X&ct=miw_link&cad=homepage,cid:14806318198670342443&ei=5C_SS421O5PIyQSrv4yCBQ&s=ANYYN7kfBPFifagDnXK00_LE0A9PMxxqLg" target="_blank" class="a">kayosmexicanrestaurant.com

Or what about getting married at Haggard Park in plano then having the reception at a restraunt with a preset lunch menu of items that are 10 per person thats what a friend did

• Options
    prlmrg08prlmrg08 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that Sissy's Catering does food for $10/pp... so its doable....

As for venues... maybe try the Grapevine Convention Center
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can try The Colleyville Center if its not to far, I had my wedding there and it can hold up to 360 people banquet seating. It's a DIY venue so you can bring in your own vendors including a caterer. It rents for $1600 on a Saturday and $1400 any other day.

http://www.colleyville.com/content/blogcategory/30/181/
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's the link to send in your request for bid for Grapevine... I am from Grapevine, and it's a beautiful historical area.

https://www.grapevinetexasusa.com/MeetingProfessionals/SubmitanRFP/tabid/452/Default.aspx
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the good venue ideas. I'm currently waiting on replies from a few of the places that were big enough. If you can think of any others, the hunt still continues :)
  • Options
    memmillermemmiller member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Check Ranches, Places where they have company picinics.  City ?Recreation Centers

I am a caterer/event planner, the venue find will be tough.  Here is a web site I use when searching for something like this:  Almost every venue in Dallas is listed in here.

My advice is to cut down on your guest list by 1/2.  Have you really looked at your list and determined that 300 ppl. might come.

www.applauseproductions.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My philosophy for my wedding is to invite everyone that could possibly want to be there. I don't want to have to pick and choose who I spend my best day with! So we found an amazing place in McKinney, Texas for our wedding. They hold 250+ which means we can keep our 450+ guest list :) Yea! No feelings hurt and everyone can be there to share our daywith us!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards