North Carolina
Options

Ceremony at the Tucker House/Reception at Cafe Luna...Opinion and Reviews??

Hey there!

So, my fiance and I are planning our wedding on a budget and so far the nicest venue for the price seems to be Cafe Luna (downtown Raleigh).  It looks beautiful but my only concern is overcrowding.  I expect approx. 125 guest.  The event coordinator says the venue can accomidate that easily with room for a band, bar, and dance floor.  I just don't quite see how that will work.  Has anyone held their reception here or been to one here?  Did it feel packed? 

I also have to find a different location for my ceremony because Cafe Luna can only hold 100.  We are thinking about the Tucker House(1 mile from Cafe Luna).  They are opening a new side lawn next spring...perfect timing for my fall wedding.  This will allow for more guests.  Has anyone used this venue?  How did it turn out? 

One last thing!  I am thinking about renting the Raleigh Trolley to transport my guests from the ceremony to the reception.  What do you think about this idea?  Anyone done this?  And, would I also need to provide transportation to and from the wedding if I provide the trolley for the move from ceremony to reception?

Thank you ladies.  All opinions will be much appreciated!  I am new to this so if I am way off, don't be afraid to let me know! :)

Re: Ceremony at the Tucker House/Reception at Cafe Luna...Opinion and Reviews??

• Options
    ju1ianaju1iana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HI!   I'm getting married at Sacred Heart Cathedral downtown with the reception also at Caffe Luna.   I think they will hold 125 (I know they say they can) but probably not more than that.  I'm only expecting 75-100.   I'm assuming you are doing the buffet and if so, since you would have all the food in the VIP room in the back that would be out of the way of everything else.    They do enough events there so if they say they can I would not doubt it.   Remember you also have the outside patio area if the weather is nice.  

I have a similar dilemma about transportation; the distance between ceremony and reception is less than a mile but still a walk that not everyone is going to want to make in heels, etc.  I do not think you would need to provide transport to the ceremony if you provide from ceremony to reception but just make sure that there is parking for that amount of time available near Tucker House; metered parking probably would work for that many hours.   Also remember on weekends right accross the street from Caffe Luna is a free parking deck.  But if you do choose to provide the trolley you could offer pick up from the hotel you are using for out of town guests at a certain time.   

Happy planning!!

-julie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards