Delaware
Options

Car / van rentals in Wilmington

Hi! I'm having my reception at Harry's Savoy and are using the Doubletree on Concord Pike as our hotel.

We wanted a shuttle to take our guests from the hotel to the reception and bring them back after the reception. The cheapest place I found was $400 and it was in NJ, but that was just for an airport van. Does anybody know any good places?

Also, how are you guys getting from the reception to the hotel after it's over? I don't want to ride in the van with the other guests, but I don't know if I want to drive my own car. Any ideas would be helpful!
Anniversary

Re: Car / van rentals in Wilmington

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What about renting school busses?  They are probably cheaper.
    For my wedding, my DH drove my car to the reception, so all we had to do at the end was drive home.  I didn't have a limo or anything because mine was all at the same place. 
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DoubleTree offers a shuttle service:

If you pick up 15 rooms or more and you need pickups BEFORE 10:30PM=comp
    If you pick up 15 rooms or more and you need pickups AFTER 10:30PM=$200
    If you pick up less than 15 rooms and you need pickups BEFORE 10:30PM=$300
    If you pick up less than 15 rooms and you need pickups AFTER 10:30PM=$350   

We have a 13 passenger and a 22 passenger.
    2 round trips are included in the shuttle cost.

• Options
    wicked_faerywicked_faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the school bus sounds fun! but it does only work if everyone's at the same place, like ur situation lol. for me, ATM i'm looking at just having a sibling drive me home...but things may change. i do like that bus idea XD
    ~~~~June 15th 2011~~~~ Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Planning Bio - Updated Nov 2nd
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might also look into a Trolley (the Jolly Trolley is one, and there are several in Philly, try asking the girls on the Philly board for it).  When I was in HS, a couple of friends got a trolly instead of a limo, and it had tons of room and was a bunch cheaper.  I know there are several girls on the Philly board who have done this to save money.

For our guests, we aren't providing transportation.  I just can't fit it in my budget.

For getting to the hotel after the reception, if you don't want to ride with your guests, look into getting a true limousine.  A true limo is a town car with 1.5x the space in the back seat of a regular car.  Many of the limo places around here have towncars, and they are much cheaper (plus they only rent by the hour with no minumum).  Then you and your FI get privacy, it's a little nicer than you driving/riding a bus, and it won't break the bank.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards