Florida-North Florida
Options

Reception Food Help Please!

So, we are getting married June 14, 2014. We are planning on have our wedding at 2 and then a reception to follow. We will have 100 guests. We don't really want to do a full on meal. We were thinking things like finger sandwiches, vegetables and dip, fruit and dip, meat & cheese tray, or a summer sausage & cheese tray. Of course cake, and probably some different cookies/pastries/eclair type things and sweet tea, water, lemonade, soda, and some alcohol. Are these types of food acceptable for an afternoon wedding? Also can someone tell me how many servings of each I would need for 100 guests? Thank you in advance. 

Re: Reception Food Help Please!

• Options
    I guess it depends on a couple things. What is your venue like? You can't get married at the Ritz Carlton and get away with finger sandwiches, KWIM? Obviously thats exaggerated, but you get the idea. So without more detail I can only say that I think you may want to step it up a notch. Those foods sound like great options for a picnic or casual GTG but not for a wedding. Of course, this is only my opinion so please take it with a grain of salt. If I was attending a wedding on the beach or a park, then I probably wouldn't think twice about the food. Sorry I don't have alternative ideas to offer. What does your caterer suggest?
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Those types of foods are perfect for that time of day. Maybe look at filling in with something salty and do the meat tray with a few options, that way you don't have a guest going hungry because they're not much of a sweets person and happen to also not like summer sausage. As far as portions, if you have enough variety, and you have a general idea of what your guests tend to eat more of, you could balance between 1.5 and 2 or 3 servings of each. I would say that some people will eat 2 pieces of cake and some people would want none, so this is generally something to allot 1.5pp. Since you plan on serving some alcohol, a higher count pp on stuff like the cheese, crackers, and meat would account for the people who want to munch some extra to go with the drinks!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards