Hawaii
Options

Poll: What's good about this week?

I had dinner at a good restaurant yesterday (all the food involves beer somehow), and I own their cookbook. Later this week, I'll be making beer ice cream. Aw yeah!

We have a working a/c unit installed in our living room (although getting the airflow out to the rest of the apartment is a bit more difficult - it involves a stand fan blowing the air from one room to the other). Since it'll be 40+ this week (that's 104+ F), I'm very, very excited to have a cooler apartment.

I walked 12,000 steps yesterday! And got back a jcrew dress that I had altered - and it looks sooo much better.

So how about you? What's good about this week?

Re: Poll: What's good about this week?

• Options
    aliblualiblu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have got alot of wedding stuff done this week!

I have booked Dan Sanchez and Jessica Waite this week, so Im excited about that!
    Booking my rental house for my wedding party this week.
    Going on vacation to Hilton Head Island next week for my friends wedding.
    It's a good week!
    AliBlu | 6.8.2011 | My Bio-Updated 3/3
    Visit Maui.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'M GETTING MARRIED THIS WEEK!! :D

a bunch of people are arriving tomorrow and thurs. super excited.

i even met aubrey today to pick up the turquoise parasol! :)
    it's been a SUPER hectic past few days. super duper busy. 

so just wanted to pop in and say hi!
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) We decided to add another hour of coverage to our time with the photographer so we can take sunset pics. So happy!
    2) We received our photobook guestbook this week and it's AWESOME.
    3) FI is getting on board with planning - he found a sound system we can use, and is ordering a keg.  :)

and

4) WE'RE GETTING MARRIED IN EXACTLY ONE MONTH!  EEEEE!  :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love that most everyone's good things are wedding focused. We are a dedicated bunch of gals here on the knot. My good things:

#1 I figured out a complicated programming issue for a work problem. It's been on my plate for weeks and I finally just sit down and worked it out.

#2 I finished my last crane! (1001 is good luck in hawaii) I'm going to get them mounted by a company itsabouttime.com they do gorgeous work

#3 Seeing the guest list pick up. Our college friends travel in packs so if we convince one it's worth it, they branch out and convince others to go without us being too pushy. I'm getting really excited!!
    Ben & Jenn Nov 27, 2010 Oahu
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  Got my Flower Girls dress and it is PERFECT!  She looks great in it, and has room to grow in the next year.

2.  My overlays should get here today, can't wait to see them!

3.  We moved the ceremoney up an hour so that we would have more time to enjoy at our venue.

4.  Jessica Waite is ours!  I contacted her months ago but she wouldn't commit due to the length of time before our wedding but I contacted her and we are now officially clients! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    misslolmisslol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found discounted bridesmaid dresses!!!  they're perfect and my girls love them.  YAY!
    December Siggy Challenge
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Where we met - Mount Isa
    a small mining town in the Australian Outback. Neither of us are from there but we both moved there in the second last year of highschool. He was moved next to me in maths class to stop him talking. It didn't work.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Wow.....I honestly have nothing.  I'm making a hell of a chocolate chip cookie at the moment and enjoying a great bottle of wine.  Things are still pretty hectic here!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Getting wedding related items completed for the last couple of weeks really. 

Best part of this week thus far are:
    • balancing our wedding budget and seeing that we are coming out ahead (YAY!)
    • fnishing up little DIY projects one at a time
    • found a florist
    • tried on my dress with all the undergarments, jewerly, etc and everything fit great
    • oh the best part is developing a welcome letter for OOT bags using the passport idea...so far looking good.  I'll post once I get it finished.
    • Oh and making final payments to vendors-it's a toss up being best verses the worst of the week.  I hate to see money moving out of my bank account.  LOL.
    Ally & Mar | 08.09.10 | The Coconut Club, Oahu
    Planning Bio-updated 06/07 | Married Bio & For SALE items

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Super excited about what happened this morning. My father and I have not been on the greatest terms lately as hes with this woman who is just EVIL! But I called him about something random and important, and he asked about the wedding (since he is still paying for it).

It felt good to know that for once I am not the one initiationg the talk with him, he did with me. I told him I really want to have an AHR as some of my important family like my grandma cannot make the flight to HI. He agreed, but I asked him to replace the carpet with wood floors since the dogs like to eat carpet. And he said he would look into it. I know I sound selfish and spoiled but it had been something that he talked about years ago, when my mom was still alive.

The best part, was we didnt hang up on each other or even yell at each other. Maybe things are changing for him and hes realizing how his toxic relationship with this woman is affecting his relationship with his children. Shes always making up things to try to turn him against us, and my sister and I have just given up on pointing out what shes doing rather just letting him be...
  • Options
    embracejoyembracejoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got our wedding rings yesterday!!!  They fit perfectly and look beautiful.  SO ridiculously happy about them :)

Hoping to create my wedding bracelet this week.. waiting for my honeymoon bikini to arrive from Victoria's Secret, and FH's wedding shirt to arrive from Honolulu!

Oh, and 3 months from today, I will be FH's WIFE :)  Yay!
    we got it right the second time around! ten.twenty.twenty-ten. Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards