Outdoor Weddings

Heat?

Has anyone had a wedding in August in Las Vegas? We are having our wedding outdoors at Mandalay Bay - Vally of the Falls. I know Vegas gets hot, but seriously how hot? I don't want to be dripping in sweat! Am I overthinking this?

They said the wedding will be about 25 minutes outside

Re: Heat?

• It's going to be hot, so no, you're not overthinking it.  It's in the middle of the desert!!  Here's a site that may help http://www.vegas.com/weather/averages.html. But, If you're at/near a hotel and it's going to be a shorter ceremony, you may be alright.  Just make sure your guests have access to water/fans/something since they'll likely be outside waiting for things to start longer than you'll be outside.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    Vegas in August is like living in a hair dryer.  Seriously, it's hot.  Probalby mid-90s.  Though, as everyone says, it is a  dry heat, so it's a little bit more comfortable because your sweat will actually evaporate and cool your body some.  However, people who aren't used to dry heat may not even realize that they are sweating, and people can get dangerously dehydrated really quickly.

My advice would be to have a nice cool place for your guests to hang out until the ceremony starts (like inside, in the air conditioning).  Make sure there are fans and water outside.  You might even consider renting a porta-cool unit (though those can be kind of noisy).   

It's possible that the ceremony site will be in the shade.  I know Mandalay Bay is a tall building and there are trees outside, so if you're in the shade it might not be too bad.
    DSC_9275
  • How many guests are you having?  Las Vegas in August will almost certainly be 90+, if not in the 100s.  Last time I went to Vegas in the summer it was 114.

That considered, plan on having lots of shade, water and ideally some fans available to keep guests comfortable.
  • Can you have the ceremony at night so that it is cooler?
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I would also suggest a night ceremony.  Outdoors in Vegas in August will probably be 95-115 degrees.  do a quick search of the farmers almanac and you can see the historical temp on that day...  but, no matter what, its gonna be HOT
  • esheaeesheae member
    First Comment
    Im also getting married in Vegas in August be we decided on an evening ceremony becasue of the heat (I live in Vegas). The good thing is you can use this to make great favors. Personalized water bottles, fans and even umbrellas :)
  • We are getting married in July in TX outdoors, but we are having the ceremony at 7 lakeside (so hopefully a breeze).
    We are also doing fans as programs, and having bottled waters available as people arrive.
    Also, FI and his groomsmen are not wearing jackets (very casual wedding).
    The ceremony will be QUICK, and then everyone will file indoors for the reception. I wanted to get married outside so bad that I am finding a way to make it as bearable as possible for everyone.
  • I am getting married in the summer and was also worried about heat down here.  I've been to Vegas during the summer, so yes it is very hot and you are not overthinking it.  What I am doing is having my ceremony later in the day so it has time to cool off and printing my wedding program on fans that the guests can use to keep cool.  However, if it is a fairly short ceremony and you plan to have your reception indoors, you might be alright.
    Love my furbaby :)Birthday

**6.30.12** I have found the one whom my soul loves.

Anniversary
  • KimbyKKimbyK member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Great idea on the added touches with water bottles, fans and other things to keep cool! I think I am look into that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards