Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Hotel Block

Where are or did you guys have hotel blocks around the downtown Cincinnati/Covington area. I am getting married at Music Hall in August so I think Covington and downtown would probably be the best places to look... but i don't know... any suggestions?
BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket

Re: Hotel Block

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Check the Garfield Suites.  We found their prices better than most downtown venues, parking is included (be sure to ask for that!) and they even have a little shuttle van that they will take run your guests around downtown.  My family are a bunch of nervous city drivers, so the shuttle will be nice for them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here's some unsolicited advice:

We learned that hotel staff really want you to have an appointment if you want to check out a room.  We tried to breeze through several hotels one Saturday without calling first and we weren't very successful.  We decided to have two options for our guests and went with the Garfield Suites and the Cincinnatian.

The Garfield rooms are huge, but not the most updated.  It's also a really good rate and Mick is great to work with so far.  He'll take you on a tour if you call and make an appointment.  If your people book enough nights, they provide a massive bridal suite free for a night (or more, depending on how many rooms book).

We decided to go with the Cincinnatian for people who wanted something a bit swankier (the room rates really aren't too much different) and unique to Cincinnati.  Their staff has been very helpful as well.  There's a $100 discount for a bridal suite with them.  My sister and her husband stayed in the bridal suite there for their wedding this summer and it was very luxurious.

We checked out the Millenium too, but we did not have a good experience with their rep and decided not to use them.
  • Options
    newsgrl39newsgrl39 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks a bunch!
    BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I chose the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland.  I got the best price there (but I'm somewhat off season), and I wanted something with character, which it has.  They have been great to work with so far.  The downside is parking is expensive there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards