Delaware

AW: First registry items bought!

I couldn't sleep last night, and so I went on our registry.  I got very giddy and woke up FI at 3 am to show him that the first two items had been purchased off our registry!!!!

Of course, this was after Tuesday morning.  My mom sent out the Bridal Shower invites Monday afternoon.  We thought we had a few more days to add stuff to the BB&B registry; we only had a couple of things on there.  Well, we get a phone call Tuesday morning from the store saying that one of our guests had come in to buy something and there wasn't anything on the registry.

FIrst off, who does that?!  Who rushes out as soon as they get the invitation and goes and buys something?  The shower isn't even for another 4 weeks!  Second, BB&B must have had a glitch in their system because we did have some stuff (albeit a very very few amount of items) on the registry.  Well, it at least kicked us into gear to finish the registry, and now the first item has been bought!

This registry stalking could turn into a total addiction.  I see problems with it already Wink

Re: AW: First registry items bought!

• dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So exciting!!!

I've been registry stalking for weeks now!  We put our registry together and then I asked my sister to take a look at it for suggestions on whether she thought appropriate price categories were covered, there was a large enough selection of items, and that we didn't forget anything.  I also pointed out to her that we weren't quite finished.  This was the middle of June.  Well, my sister emails me back with her comments and I'm on BB&B fiddling with the registry and I see two items were purchased.  The Calphalon cookware set and the KitchenAid mixer.  There's only one person that would have bought those...my mom.  I didn't say anything to anyone though.

Two weeks later I gave my sister the shower list and I've been registry stalking since.  I don't know exactly when my shower is yet, but I suspect it's the 15th, although no one's invited me to anything yet.  Anyway, I think about 13 things have been purchased off of our registry.  I started out not intentionally looking, but I would see things as I made changes to the registry.  Now, I'm pretty much stalking Wink

• edited December 2011
    I know when the shower is (August 21st; with everything going on in my life, I told my mom and sister I didn't want them saying "come over for dinner" or something like that and me showing up in sweats because I didn't feel well, which has happened before.  I also didn't want to go out the night before, shopping or dinner or whatever, and push myself and be in pain the next day and not know that my shower was then and end up being in pain for my shower.  My mom and sister agreed, so I know the date and location, but that's it), and I know knowing when the shower is will make registry stalking that much more tempting.

There needs to be an registry addicts anon, because this could totally be a problem for me.  LOL.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, my name is Lura, and I'm a registry stalker.....lol!

Yes, I went onto my registries last year to add dish towels and noticed that several items were missing.  I immediately called DH (FI at the time) adn told him and was very excited!  I became so addicted and would check several times a day.  I still had no clue when my shower was (wound up being 7/25/09). 

BTW Brit...STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, my name is Lauren, and I too, was a registry stalker... :P
    I agree with Lura, KNOCK IT OFF, BRIT!!  Hahaha, like that's going to happen!  It's SUCH an exciting time for you and it's probably not going to happen that you'll be able to not peek.  I had the same thing happen as Lura, I went on to add a few things prior to my shower, and noticed that a bunch of stuff was bought already.  After that, there was no going back and I was on it a few times a day (who's really going to be at BB&B at 2:00 on a Tuesday afternoon picking things off my registry?).  Enjoy it Brit, it ends all too quickly!
    *Lauren*
    Married Bio! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My showers in New York so no suprising me. A matter of fact its this weekend and I've been stalking my registry everyday since the invites went out 3 weeks ago. I'm most exciting about my sengware dishes being purchased and my henckels knife set. I know most of the other stuff will probably be purchased this weekend and I won't have a chance to stalk so atleast some stuff will be a surprise.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards