New York-Long Island
Options

Florist quotes

I visited a few florists this weekend and got quotes, but I really have no clue what the average price is so I don't know if I'm getting a good deal. Does anyone have an idea of what the average is? I saw a ridiculously low price on another board, but it wasn't a NY board.

Thanks! 

Re: Florist quotes

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My quotes, for a 200 person wedding, ranged from 3k to 5k, depending on high vs. low centerpieces and place to place.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • Options
    kttestkttest member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The quote I have gotten so far averages abt $200/centerpiece(for low $375 for high), $200 for my bouquet, $75-$100 for BM & MH boquets and I think $10 for the guys.  I called one place today who told me their minimum per event is $7000!  Moving away from that one!  NY prices are definitely higher than everywhere else.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow ok thanks! Who knew flowers were so expensive :( I saw this one post on a diff board where the price was like $400.. can I move there? haha.
  • Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    we paid about 4k for ours. not sure what others pay.

• Options
    kttestkttest member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seriously anywhere outside of NY is much cheaper!
  • Options
    lisaandty2011lisaandty2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My floral design came to $7500! I am not even using a lot of flowers but 3 different florists priced me at about $5500-$7500. 
  • Options
    ren6121ren6121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    UM, I AM GETTING MY FLOWERS FROM BURTONS, HEARD THEY DO A FABULOUS JOB AND I AM GETTING PEONIES FOR A GREAT DEAL ONLY $1,700 FOR 12 CENTERPEICES, 6 BRIDESMAIDS BOUQUETS, 7 BOT, MOTHER BOUQUET AND MOTHER OF THE GROOM BOUQUET.  I KNOW IT'S A GOOD BUY, SO I BOOKED THEM.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

A friend of mine used burton's...she said they were priced well and good.
    I'm using Sugar Magnolia's...her name's Heidi. So nice! I'm not having tons of flowers either b/c my venue really doesn't need them...Yay for me! I wasn't about to spend tons of money on flowers....she gave me a good price. Let me know if you want her #:-) good luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    oh yeah- under $2k....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I went to Burton's also. I did like the guy I met with and heard they do a nice job, but then I went to a different place and felt more comfortable. I was quoted a little higher then that for Burton's but I have more tables then you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Flowers by Burton (Melville) as well.  I know of several people who have used them and they were extremely happy with the results.  When we went to meet with them the price they quoted us was about half of another florist.  Definitely worth checking out :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards