Second Weddings

First gift today!

One of FI's co-workers gave us a gift (they're not invited to the wedding -- no coworkers are).  We are not registered ... decided to just let come what may (if anything).  The box was from a place we love to visit (yay! anticipation building ...), just one block from our wedding venue -- they go to this town every weekend.  Cool, huh? 

We open it and it's a piece of pottery made by an artist we absolutely love.  In fact, on Saturday, we went to the same store and commissioned a piece.  Holy crap!How's that for kismet??  The piece we received is from one of her lines that we like a lot.  Amazing.

Of course, we're still waiting for ...

Wink

Re: First gift today!

• edited December 2011
    What a wonderful and thoughtful gift! 

The first gift is pretty exciting even when we're adult enough to know that is NOT the reason to have a wedding! 

Time to break out the Thank You notes!
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't you just LOVE it when your friends pay attention to your likes, and find just the perfect gift? Friends like that are hard to find today.
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    One of the best wedding gifts we got was from good friends of ours.  Her sister has her own pottery business in Rhode Island so whenever they visit, our friend Anne always brings home stuff her sister was going to just chuck.  I fall in love with every piece she brings back from her trips.  So we got a beautiful chip and dip set.  It's so unique!
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah ... we have told so many people we don't want anything (amazing how long it takes to actually convince someone that flying across the country and booking a hotel room is more than enough).  

Any gift is special to us.  But for them to have hit the nail on the head like that??  Whoa.  I kept asking FI if he'd told them we go to that shop.  He insists not.  This particular artist's work is stunning, so it wouldn't be difficult to imagine they'd hone in on it if they knew we like the store.  But given he didn't tell them about the store ... this is just wild!
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on the first gift and of it being something you enjoy!!  It's nice when others recognize that your day is special and the marriage is to be honored. Even though a gift is certainly not necessary for the couple to feel honored. 
  • edited December 2011
    How exciting.  Sounds like they put themselves in to finding something the two of you would love.  Also sounds like it's beautiful, but that lamp you are waiting on.  Where will you display that in your home? ;)  I actually saw one for sale a few years ago.  You will have to let us know if you receive it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130image Invited to dance the night away!
    92image Want to show their best moves!
    38image Have two left feet and won't be dancing!
    0image Are too embarrased to say they don't dance!

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_first-gift-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:cfea1d01-4f8a-4249-8df9-09066eff68e9Post:42044cfc-04de-408b-b779-ae875912280d">Re: First gift today!</a>:
    [QUOTE]How exciting.  Sounds like they put themselves in to finding something the two of you would love.  Also sounds like it's beautiful, but that lamp you are waiting on.  Where will you display that in your home? ;)  I actually saw one for sale a few years ago.  You will have to let us know if you receive it.
    Posted by rapunnzzll@aol.com[/QUOTE]

I swear, if we had an extra inch of space in the house, I'd buy that leg lamp as a wedding gift for FI.  He would LOVE it.  Once the boy leaves for college and we get his "spare" room cleaned out, I bet I can find a spot for it. LOL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards