Getting in Shape

Protein Shakes

Are there any good shakes out there. I am really trying to watch what I eat and I am about to go back to work. I know work will have me eating out, so I need subsitutes so I don't feel the urget to eat fast food alot. I will try my hardest to take lunch but I think I want to try to replace a meal or drink a shake when I want a snack. TIA

Re: Protein Shakes

• Are you looking for something already prepared?  Or something you can make at home with protein powder?  If you're looking for something to just pick up, I think muscle milk light is pretty decent.  It's 100 calories and keeps me full for a while.  I wouldn't suggest making a shake like that substitute a whole meal though.  For breakfast, I often make a smoothie with skim milk, protein powder, peanut butter and a frozen banana.  It has lots of nutrients and protein and keeps me full til lunch after a hard workout.  If you have more questions, feel free to ask.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • i have jillian michael's chocolate protien powder and it's pretty good. it's 100 calories per serving i think.
  • Generally a protein shake isn't really a great subsitute for a meal, unless, like LittleKatie said, you're mixing it up with real food too.

I find that what works the best for me in avoiding fast food is to plan ahead.  If I make out a meal plan on Sundays, go out and buy all the grocerys and spend a bit of time prepping things ahead of time, I'm a lot less likely to choose to do something else for my lunch.  I mean, I've already spent the money buying the food, the time preparing it, and I've got it right beside me, so going out just seems wasteful.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards